Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steel Seal

cityblue

Can anyone help me with some info on a product called steel seal. I have a blown head gasket or cracked head on my Estima. Hope someone can help , many thanks.

Can anyone help me with some info on a product called steel seal. I have a blown head gasket or cracked head on my Estima. Hope someone can help , many thanks.

This product and ones like it will last anything from a few days to up to a year depending on how bad the crack in your head is. If you have the diesel Estima you have more chance of falling pregnant by the pope than of having it just be the head gasket. The heads on these things are always cracking.

If you have a petrol Estima then it will be the head gasket.

My advice is do NOT rely on these products. In my view they are a get you home solution. If you intend on keeping the car get the job done right.

Thanks. If it lasts long enough till I can afford to get it done proerly , then I will be happy. Or even if it just gets me & the brood up to Scotland & back at the end of the month.

You need to join this forum

www.estima-motoring.co.uk

They get special discounts on recon cylinder heads and other spares. What's more among the members there is a wealth of experience with regards to the head problem and other issues pertaining to these cars.

Good luck with the trip

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say that Steel Seal is not a get you home fix! I have sold countless bottles of the stuff for Rover K-series vehicles and for the Estima (due to cracked heads) its fantastic and i would recommend you try it. Once you have you will see what i mean.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links