Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis D4d Acceleration

UCHTARAIN

My D4D Avensis T3 2004 feels like the accelerator isn't working. The car starts and idles fine and begins to move off OK but then no power. It revs up when I clutch it with my foot on the accelerator but once I release the clutch no power I can't get to do more than 40mph. (was an intermitten fault...) then it drives fine full power no problem at all, till it happens again, unfortunately it is now doing it all the time. Anyone have any ideas? or came across a similar problem with a D4D 2004 Avensis T3 (80k miles)

Fergal

My D4D Avensis T3 2004 feels like the accelerator isn't working. The car starts and idles fine and begins to move off OK but then no power. It revs up when I clutch it with my foot on the accelerator but once I release the clutch no power I can't get to do more than 40mph. (was an intermitten fault...) then it drives fine full power no problem at all, till it happens again, unfortunately it is now doing it all the time. Anyone have any ideas? or came across a similar problem with a D4D 2004 Avensis T3 (80k miles)

Fergal

hello

- injeectors;

- EGR valve

cheers/Igor

You are correct, it's a faulty EGR Valve, electronic fault on egr... very little carbon build up on valve, however that said when the unit was cleaned it did improve dramatically but the vehicle wasn't accelerating as it should . The injectors faults appears more on >06 to 08 models here in UK/Ireland. . Thanks for your opinion on this problem. In future I will fit a secondhand valve (€50) to eliminate it first before going any further. it takes 15mins and can solve a multitude of faults.!!

Much obliged sir.

You are correct, it's a faulty EGR Valve, electronic fault on egr... very little carbon build up on valve, however that said when the unit was cleaned it did improve dramatically but the vehicle wasn't accelerating as it should . The injectors faults appears more on >06 to 08 models here in UK/Ireland. . Thanks for your opinion on this problem. In future I will fit a secondhand valve (€50) to eliminate it first before going any further. it takes 15mins and can solve a multitude of faults.!!

Much obliged sir.

hi mate

keep an eye ono injeectors first - because all head aches are from them.

good luck

Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links