Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Got My Self A Gen 6 Gt

Rmachines

Hi all, im new to the world of celicas my self (although my mum has always had them) I have got my self a 1994 UK Celica GT, but a few little problems.

First... There is an anoying vibration rattle (heat sheild i think) but i dont know which one, its not the manifold one as i took that off, is this common?

seccond... The oil level light comes on for about 60 secconds when on the dual cariage way... oil level is not at max but by no means low

third... My hand brake holds perfectly when forwards but the car rolls back.. and if i pull the hand brake up slightly when moving there is a big BANG from the rear... shoes moving about maybe?

If i can clear up these little problems i can start tidying her up a little bit, cheers.

Hi There, I have a 1998 Gen 6 uk Spec. The rattle on mine was the exhaust manifold heat shield Front one as it had rusted around the nuts..(pardon the expression). Now sorted. The oil light is prompted to come on because of the oil sensor at the bottom of the sump. Its over £100 to fix (new one) so the bulb came out in mine. I check the oil every week and I have had no problems since Ive had the car doing this (mod)..

I had problems with my handbrake and I ended up getting new pads and cables. Set me back £80 but worth it.

This info might help....If it does great... If not I tried....

CHeers

Big E

Hi all, im new to the world of celicas my self (although my mum has always had them) I have got my self a 1994 UK Celica GT, but a few little problems.

First... There is an anoying vibration rattle (heat sheild i think) but i dont know which one, its not the manifold one as i took that off, is this common?

seccond... The oil level light comes on for about 60 secconds when on the dual cariage way... oil level is not at max but by no means low

third... My hand brake holds perfectly when forwards but the car rolls back.. and if i pull the hand brake up slightly when moving there is a big BANG from the rear... shoes moving about maybe?

If i can clear up these little problems i can start tidying her up a little bit, cheers.

Hi, thats great thanks, Apparently it did have new cables for the MOT and it holds fine now, i just need to pull it up harder if im on a decline. Still bangs though :unsure:

I topped up the oil today and it came on again... Only comes on when on the dual cariage way though, Could this be to do with oil temps or anything or just a random thing? Might take the bulb out, lived without a warning untill now. :D

Taken both manifold shields off and still rattles, i think its the one on the downpipe where it goes under the engine, but could be the cat.. will look into that.

But now i have a few more questions... My rear end seems very "loose" :o err... so to speak. It knocks and rattles over small bumps and bangs over pot holes, Is there a common bush to look out for? :D Top mounts and ARB bushes etc..?

cheers :)

rear arb bushes - common fault. cat shield does fall off.

coolio, nice one, i will probably get some new bushes on it then, is it the drop links (or end bushes) or the centre ones that support the bar? or both?

Onto my final question for now.. My engine seems sluggish compared to what i rememer them to be, seems to hesitate and be a bit flat when accelerating from lower revs, When its hot its less hesitant and more sluggish in general, but its K&N'd so i think thats heat soak, I heard of the MAF sensors being a problem on these.. is this a sign of the MAF maybe?

cheers.

Hi again, The rear anti roll bar bushes cost £10ish for the pair and take 10 mins to fit. The rear drop links are a similar price and take a little bit longer. Replace both items and see if this helps. It should sort it out. Definatley sounds like you handbrake is past adjusting. You can get new shoes but be careful about the cables as these are prone to seazing (spelt wrong). There is a great shop who you can get all the parts from. TCB Performance Parts Ltd. ww.tcbparts.co.uk tel:01579 383879. I use these guys all the time and they are a big help with some questions.

Hope the info helps.

Big E

coolio, nice one, i will probably get some new bushes on it then, is it the drop links (or end bushes) or the centre ones that support the bar? or both?

Onto my final question for now.. My engine seems sluggish compared to what i rememer them to be, seems to hesitate and be a bit flat when accelerating from lower revs, When its hot its less hesitant and more sluggish in general, but its K&N'd so i think thats heat soak, I heard of the MAF sensors being a problem on these.. is this a sign of the MAF maybe?

cheers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links