Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo Charger

kathylewisart

Hi,

I have a Rav4 2002 TD 2 litre.

Yesterday I broke down on the Motorway and to cut a long story short. I need a new turbo charger.

The prices for new are approx £1400. Do you have any experience or advice on purchasing recons or other options?

thank you so much

Kathy

Hi Kathy

Welcome to the club.

I'm afraid I don't know anywhere specific other than just doing a quick search on the internet. I tend to use my local motor factor contacts but somebody will probably be along shortly.

Cheers

http://www.reconditionedturbo.com/toyotarav4.html

Hi,

I have a Rav4 2002 TD 2 litre.

Yesterday I broke down on the Motorway and to cut a long story short. I need a new turbo charger.

The prices for new are approx £1400. Do you have any experience or advice on purchasing recons or other options?

thank you so much

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I'd have no reservations about fitting a reconditioned unit provided that it came from a reputable source. Do you intend to do the work yourself or get an independent garage to do it? Have a look at the following link, you don't say where on the south coast you are but I just put "turbochargers" and "southampton" into YELL.com and it came up with the list. They all look pretty reputable so some ringing round might pay dividends.

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do...p;x=24&y=13

Let us all know how you get on - and good luck!

I realise you have a diesel engine and turbocharger, but to help you put things in perspective, I paid for a hybrid stage 2 race turbocharger for my petrol Toyota (race) engine and it cost me less than £800.

The cost of fitting/swapping a turbo is minimal - about 2 hours I think.

Check around suppliers of turbos that are recon units and check Jap engine tuners as well.

Hi guys,

thank you so much, I have been trawling the internet for turbo chargers. Just wanted to know if there was any reason not to go for a recon? I certainly think this is my best option due to costs etc. I have found a few reputable sources and my garage are happy to fit a recon now. It would definitely be something I would leave to the pros :)

thank you for your help. Its nice to get a more experienced opinion.

Kathy

Hi guys,

thank you so much, I have been trawling the internet for turbo chargers. Just wanted to know if there was any reason not to go for a recon? I certainly think this is my best option due to costs etc. I have found a few reputable sources and my garage are happy to fit a recon now. It would definitely be something I would leave to the pros :)

thank you for your help. Its nice to get a more experienced opinion.

Kathy

Our resident parts mand Kingo would have to confirm but I think if you went to Toyota you would probably get a remanufactured unit.

Providing it has come from a reputable source, such a turbo is perfectly acceptable as all the wearing parts will have been renewed.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links