Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Something Happened To My Brakes This Morning

Rmachines

This is an odd one (my Gen 6 GT) I stopped for fuel this morning before work when i went to leave the petrol station i noticed my car seemed reluctant to move.. anyway i carried on about 1/4 of a mile to where i work and by the time i got there it felt like the hand brake was fully up, i Had to hit 4000 rpm and slip the clutch just to get into the car park, Anyway i got in and left the car, both front brakes were red hot! I pulled the car up onto a ramp at lunch and it was fine.. no binding or anything, took it for a spin... fine, drove it home this evening.. perfect.

Cant put my finger on it.. But i did notice the brake peddle felt harder than usual so im wondering if its to do with the ABS pump, I know i turned the ignition on and then had to dis-alarm/imob it, so i dont know if i confused it and the ABS pump didnt do that little primey thing it does when you start the engine?!? I dont know how it works on the celica but anyway ... Has any one ever had this happen before or know what might have caused it? Cheers.

good chance your calipers may of been binding - discs maybe warped now , worth keeping an eye on juddering when lightly braking , either through the chassis or steering wheel

Hey, I have taken it out for a good drive and its been fine! I dont think the disk got hot enough to warp as it was only a short journy while it was like that, No juddering or anything.

Will see it if happens again otherwise will have to strip em down.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links