Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Economy

Phoenix999

Having caught a thread title elsewhere on this forum I would like to know what sort of fuel economy you guys are getting :huh:

As you can see I have the new tourer which is a 2000cc CVT automatic. When doing very short runs around town I can get as low as 24mpg but I have just returned from a weekend away covering a couple of hundred miles and I was pleased with an average of 45mpg. This figure is a good all round average given that I experienced some serious traffic and crawled along on the M25 and also around Oxford. There was a decent amount of good motorway cruising and country lane driving so all in all I am really pleased with the above figure :D

Having caught a thread title elsewhere on this forum I would like to know what sort of fuel economy you guys are getting :huh:

As you can see I have the new tourer which is a 2000cc CVT automatic. When doing very short runs around town I can get as low as 24mpg but I have just returned from a weekend away covering a couple of hundred miles and I was pleased with an average of 45mpg. This figure is a good all round average given that I experienced some serious traffic and crawled along on the M25 and also around Oxford. There was a decent amount of good motorway cruising and country lane driving so all in all I am really pleased with the above figure :D

I have a 2007 2ltr petrol auto and enjoy the same consumption. Recently had a break in Wales and covered 600 miles on all kinds of roads and overall mpg was 46 mpg. My previous car was a 2.2 ltr diesel auto and it wasn't much better.

Fitter

I too have a 2lt T4 Tourer cvt. I have had the car just over 3 weeks and am getting an average of 37 mpg (measured at the pump) over my 40 mile round trip into Birmingham each day. This is taking in city/town roads (no motorway). For such a large car I think this is excellent. I have not had the chance for a longer journey yet, but holidays approach so will keep you posted.

I have an 05 2litre T- spirit auto and the best it will do is 41mpg. round the town its always in the low 20s . the average is practically always 35mpg and I have no complaints with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I took delivery of a new 2 litre diesel tourer at the end of March, done 16,00 miles and recorded all fuel used, I average 55 mpg, (worked out by calculating fuel bought and miles driven) but, my motoring is mainly long motorway or A road runs. I cruise on motorways at speedo indicated 70 to 75 mph, but, my speedo is inaccurate, 70mph on the speedo shows 63mph on the tomtom. Before getting the new avensis, I had a 2006 2 litre diesel, I averaged 52 mpg in that car.

• 5 months later...

Have now had several trips to London and also to Cornwall (all motorway and A roads) and have not yet managed to better 40mpg. I'm a bit dissapointed with this as the official combined average is over 40mpg. Even during pure motoway driving down to Cornwall the average mpg according to the trip computer never got above 40.

I am surprised that you cannot better 40mpg :huh:

A short while before Christmas I went up to North Lancashire which meant a nice drive from where I live along the M25, up the M11 to the A14 and across to the M6. I did some driving locally around the Morcambe area and when I got home the car still managed just under 45mpg throughout the 600 mile journey :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links