Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iphones

Hou

What is it that everyone has against iTunes? I have had no problems with it whatsoever!!

What is it that everyone has against iTunes? I have had no problems with it whatsoever!!

:lol: It amuses me too, never have a thing go wrong with it. The only bit I dont like is it is forever updating itself, not a problem with broadband but is it all necessary? :wacko:

Kingo :thumbsup:

:lol: It amuses me too, never have a thing go wrong with it. The only bit I dont like is it is forever updating itself, not a problem with broadband but is it all necessary? :wacko:

Same here, thats the only problem I have. And it doesn't really matter if you schedule it for a time when you won't be needing to use the computer.

The fact it doesn't support some digital media formats.

The fact on a PC it is a slow resource hog.

The fact you are forced to use it.

The fact it scrambles up your music libary.

The fact it doesn't "find the details" for about half my music even though it's all off CD.

Why do I have to create playlists and then sync them .. Why can't I just sync the music?

Why do i NEED iTunes to store my music?

Why can't I get songs off my iPod on another machine?

JUST LET ME DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT! I PAID FOR IT, IT'S MINE!

And every few weeks, NO i don't want a new version of Quicktime. NO i don't want Safari.

I had an iPhone after years of Sonys but after 7 months changed straight back & got a W995. I really tried with the iPhone but just not for me, too big, too difficult to text, camera *****e, Battery disgusting, scratches far too easily so those sexy looks have to be covered by a case. Good points were the apps were fab, getting emails was easy, surfing was ace & being able to just plug it in to poota to get updates & iTunes was amazing but just not practical enough for me. My W995 does all of it apart from apps with stunning 8.1 camera & video. Love it.

The fact it doesn't "find the details" for about half my music even though it's all off CD.

Why do I have to create playlists and then sync them .. Why can't I just sync the music?

And every few weeks, NO i don't want a new version of Quicktime. NO i don't want Safari.

With you on the Quicktime/Safari issue grrrrr

I also use Realplayer to play on the comp, and iTunes, I have never created a playlist in my life, it just syncs

Have never tried to download the songs off an ipod back to a different comp, never needed to, I back up all my music to a seperate removeable hard drive and take it from there

And just to add to that extensive list of itunes issues,

Swapping PC's with the same iPhone is a nightmare. I've done it twice and neither proved successful to transfer the purchases and enabled / authorizing a computer. And if you bin an old computer you can't free up a space on you max 5 quota of allowed PC's. Pretty difficult to de-authorize when its in a skip somewhere.

Good job i used a 3rd party backup tool or i would have lost my purchases.

Not to mention it doesn't work with vista's parental control. So we either have to let the kids use it with parent control turned off, so they have free reign on the iNet.... NO WAY! or suffer and have it not work 80% of the time i.e. it wont load pages in itunes browser without restarting, sometimes several times. VERY temperamental and SLOW with parental control.

i can just drag songs from my library to my iPhone no probs, just click "manualy manage music and videos" and its all sweet.

ive always had either a nokia or a sony erricson phone but have to say that i love my i phone, i dont have to buy my tracks from itunes if i dont want to either.

since the OS3 update its a lot better on Battery life as well. some good apps and games out there (dynolicious is very good but you do need to have the phone securely attached to the car to be accurate.

if you contact apply they will de-authorise a pc. do think that part is a PITA.

im certainly not looking for another phone in the near future.

You can adjust the library to put the music int he order you want to.

Playlists are there to give you more organisation with your music, which makes up for the scrambled library.

iTunes doesn't have to work with other devices because they work with Apple.

If your PC is modern, it has no problem with running it

You aren't forced to use it, I used to get all my music off LimeWire and there are various subscription sites that you can use to get music.

It does find the details if you ask it to search for album art-work manually.

In truth, there is nothing wrong with iTunes, it can be irritating, but nothing that bad.

I want to listen to music, so I deal with the irritations that come with it. ;)

Problem is .. I don't want a techie smart phone.

Android = Geeky.

There are currently four Android handsets available, with 22 more on the way soon. I don't think these will all be aimed at the developer market :D

Paul.

My first 5 minutes of using iTunes looked like this:

itunes.jpg

The only reason bought an iPod is because they seem to be the universal MP3 Player standard for interfacing with car audio.

Quite why anyone would want to combine that level of "reliability" into something they also use as a communcation device is totally beyond me.

Edit: FFS she left herself logged on again!

Problem is .. I don't want a techie smart phone.

Android = Geeky.

There are currently four Android handsets available, with 22 more on the way soon. I don't think these will all be aimed at the developer market :D

Paul.

paulthomas240x240.jpg

Anyway Ben, I thought you DID have a geeky "Smart phone"

My first 5 minutes of using iTunes looked like this:

itunes.jpg

The only reason bought an iPod is because they seem to be the universal MP3 Player standard for interfacing with car audio.

Quite why anyone would want to combine that level of "reliability" into something they also use as a communcation device is totally beyond me.

Edit: FFS she left herself logged on again!

I've never had that and I have one of the most useless laptops in the known universe. I guess some people get lucky with stuff like iTunes.

I myself do hate technology and its sheer lack of compatability between it and humans. Computers manage to get me to the point of wanting to kill myself with boredom, in endless seas of lag, unreliability. Not to mention the 'An unexpected error has ocurred' No! When you see an expected error, please do notify me........

E.O.R.

Anyway Ben, I thought you DID have a geeky "Smart phone"

Nope, I've a *****e Nokia Symbian which doesn't stick to proper standards and needs about 10 firmware updates to make it useable.

None of the nice user interface of the Apple. And none of the tweakability of the Google.

So it's a slow clunky OS, which you can't do anything with.

Which is the worst combo. Nice one Nokia.

I once swore I wouldnt buy anything Apple lol too expensive and all looks...

I bought an iRiver instead pf an iPod.. a Creative Zen instead of a iPod Nano...

However since having my iPhone I wouldnt really want to go back...using the N95 after the iPhone is clunky and nasty... the iPhone does everything -I- need it to... the keyboard is pretty good, its fairly quick.. takes ok pics.. but then I have a digital camera if I need one! It plays music and games keeping me amused on my commute on the train, the call quality is good and I -Love- the conversational style of txt messages.

The browser and email is great.. and the lastest update has made things much easier with the copy/paste stuff.. the only thing I do miss is probably the video... but then again I have only found myself in a couple of occasions when it would have been useful.

iTunes I do dislike.. but I only ever connect it up to charge... I was able to load my own music in there easily enough and just left it going to add it all in. I've never had issues with it hanging or crashing (yet) and I'm running windows :P

The only other phone I was looking at at the time was the G1... but it looked god awful and I wanted out from t-Mobile really...

*shrugs

just my 2psi worth :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links