Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Motor

Mc Tavish

i have noticed lately that the electric window motor in door is getting a wee bit noisey ,in comparison to all the rest ,anyone else had this prob and do you think its time to go back to uncle arnie cause i don't want to be left wi windie down as its sometimes wet and windy up here in Ecosse! and sure as a cats a hairy beastie the window will go down some night and then spit the dummy:lol:

Hi McT

Not really noticed but will check tomorrow.

It might help to squirt a bit of Mr Sheen or some other silicone liquid down the runners. If the runners are getting stiff the motor will groan.

Hi McT

Not really noticed but will check tomorrow.

It might help to squirt a bit of Mr Sheen or some other silicone liquid down the runners. If the runners are getting stiff the motor will groan.

Thanks Anchorman do you know if there are guides that the window glass run in or is it the "scissors" bar that needs a wee squirt as i dont think i like the door card off thing! and ive got some silicone spray for mountain bike dry oil would that do the trick? ohh and do you also know if theres any access holes for that reason?

Thanks Anchorman do you know if there are guides that the window glass run in or is it the "scissors" bar that needs a wee squirt as i dont think i like the door card off thing! and ive got some silicone spray for mountain bike dry oil would that do the trick? ohh and do you also know if theres any access holes for that reason?

No not the regulator the actual runners down each side of the glass. There is nothing to pull apart. That spray you have should be fine as long as it isn't too oily. Drop the window then carefully spray a bit into the runners just above the glass. Send the window up and down a few times to see if it eases it then just add a bit more. It won't do any harm but too much will make a mess on the glass.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links