Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4-2 Rear Window Replacement

Oilkid

Hi,

Just looking for some info/advice

Rear window at present is shattered. Stray stone flung from grass trimmer!

I was going to use Autoglass but I've had bother with a previous windscreen replacement creaking etc and at the time was unsure if it was to do with the bonding or the fact it wasn't OE glass?

Does anyone know roughly the cost of getting a rear window replaced at a dealership? Timescale to get glass etc? Does the sparewheel carrier/wiper motor etc need removed for proper fitting?

Some of these questions I've already asked when I phoned the guy at Autoglass and he couldn't answer any hence the reason I may go the dealership route.

It's covered via ones insurance (£75 excess). The guy who broke it is paying the costs.

Any info/advice appreciated

I had my rear door glass replaced by RAC Windscreens after a flying stone smashed it from s stump grinder. Haven't had any issues with it since replacement, but didn't have any isses with the front windscreen when replaced by RAC Windscreens (except got a stone chip 2 weeks after new glass put in :censor: )

Think I waited maybe 1-2 days for replacement?

Best if spare wheel carrier is removed in case frasgments of glass trapped between it and paintwork - do big deal though, 10 minute job.

Also should remove interior door panel to vacuum out glass fragments thsat fallen inside - rattle otherwise.

PS guy doing the stump grinding paid the insurance excess for the rear window - and also paid for the replacement Patio Door glass that he smashed on other side of the house with the grinder.

Don't think he came out on top that day!!

Thanks for that Hoovie

Spent most of the morning phoning Insurance,Autoglass etc.

Insurance will only pay £100 towards glass replacement if you don't use there recommended repairer (Autoglass) which means if you wanted OE glass, it would cost you.

Phoned Autoglass for price without going through insurance £800. Yip not a misprint. Haven't got a clue where the plucked that number from?

Phoned SDM and quoted £438inc vat fitted. Glass was £288.85 and the rest was the seals/sealant & labour.

Long story short, replacement being fitted Wednesday afternoon by Autoglass through insurance.

As you say there shouldn't be any problems but it was just the fact I had bother with a previous car windscreen. It may have been due to it not being OE glass? or it may have been poorly fitted?

For future reference, don't forget there are company's like "findapart.com" that will send you a window or other breakers and then you can fit it yourself or get a local garage to fit it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links