Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is 4 Owners In 4 Years Too Many

Catweazle

Me again

Just had the HPI and data check back on the RAV i'm hoping to buy and it seems that I will be owner number 4 and the car is only a 55 plate. Would you say that this is a bit strange or am I worrying unnecessarily?

Thanks from now having second thoughts Catweazle!

Me again

Just had the HPI and data check back on the RAV i'm hoping to buy and it seems that I will be owner number 4 and the car is only a 55 plate. Would you say that this is a bit strange or am I worrying unnecessarily?

Thanks from now having second thoughts Catweazle!

It wouldn't worry me. The first might have been the dealer or TGB and the same for the last. Just check but as long as it has been serviced, what does it matter?

Thanks, how can I check all the previous owners as I thought only the last one was listed? Apparently, the service history is complete with the exception of the very first service and all have been carried out by the same Toyota dealer.

Thanks, how can I check all the previous owners as I thought only the last one was listed? Apparently, the service history is complete with the exception of the very first service and all have been carried out by the same Toyota dealer.

I thought the new logbooks listed them???

Anybody confirm?

hi chaps

well as long as the vehicle is fully serviced,with correct history.clean and looked after,its only a couple of years old. :thumbsup:

it may have been previous owners couldnt afford finance payments possibly and been re possesed?.

you are about to invest in one of the most reliable vehicles on this planet. :thumbsup:

it is a wise purchase,but as anchorman says,take your time there are plenty out there to choose from. :yes:

.... as anchorman says,take your time there are plenty out there to choose from. :yes:

That is superb advice.... if there is any worries or gut feelings about a car then go with them and don't buy.... as was said, "there are plenty out there" :yes:

As the car has been serviced by the same dealer they should be able to give you information about ownership and the service/repairs history. They probably won't give you names and addresses [though I did once get a full service record with all that info. from a BMW dealership when buying a second hand 3 series from an independent that I was not sure about] but they will know if it was a demonstrator, managers car, privately owned etc. Do you have their number?

.... as anchorman says,take your time there are plenty out there to choose from. :yes:

That is superb advice.... if there is any worries or gut feelings about a car then go with them and don't buy.... as was said, "there are plenty out there" :yes:

Thanks for the advice everyone. Unfortunately, if I were to take Phoenix's advice then I'd never change cars as my gut feeling is always that I'm being sold a dud until I've had it long enough to hopefully prove myself wrong. Whatever happened to those care free younger days eh?

hi catweazle

yep 'care free' days are long gone now,in my life its all go go go,apart from weekends,never time for anything,just beware of......the 'dreaded'..'dual mass flywheel' that may affect your purchase depending on the model you want, IF your unlucky,but as anchorman says thse failures are few and far between compared to how many rav's are out there.....wordwide it seems.

just check its production date and compare useing the link on 'dreaded dmf' topic to see if the vehicle......may suffer from it,if you are extremely unlucky.

see how you get on.

yes `i`d check with the dealer its been serviced at, thats the only real way to find out if your service history is genuine, they can also tell you whats been done to the car at all services, and if you ask nicely they will print you off the sale invoice too. I would not go off the service book alone, they are too easy to get hold of and stamped. Any reciepts would be useful also to cross reference things.

Again this all depends who you speak to at Toyota, some play dump, some just don`t have a clue, some are spot on and helpfull.

I was told by a dealer, you can only get a vehicles history from the dealers database if you are the owner of the said vehicle and a log book with your name on it would be required as proof.

I presume for hard copies yes you would have to show some info, but they told me over the phone the car had all services, even told me the cam belt was changed....but like I say it all depends on who you speak to, took me 4-5 attempts at the same dealership all giving me a different answer...even as the owner they won`t tell me what warranty work was done on the car, previously..again depending who you speak to.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links