Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paint Code Question

barachello

I am trying to buy a front passenger side wing from a guy breaking a 4-1 rav, but there is n o paint code sticker on the drivers door.

is there any other way to find out the paint code ?

I have a dark blue 94 rav, and he is breaking a blue 96 rav.

any help appreciated

thanks

I am trying to buy a front passenger side wing from a guy breaking a 4-1 rav, but there is n o paint code sticker on the drivers door.

is there any other way to find out the paint code ?

I have a dark blue 94 rav, and he is breaking a blue 96 rav.

any help appreciated

thanks

the paint code is contained within the cars id code. Thats found on the plate in the engine compartment I think. You won't get it anywhere on a panel/door. I've just replaced 3 panels on a Previa and we bought them from a same age car and the colour (Deep Violet) was a colour from the 97 era and found thru the ....hmmmm VIN number perhaps?

If you are swapping panels from a 96 to a 94, just be careful as the colour shade may be different and the colour fade over time could be different depending on where each car has been.

On my Previa, I've decided to get it re-sprayed on the lower half all round the car. it needs both rear quarter (rear wings) panels worked on to repair damage and the panels I bought were ok but I knew the sliding door was scored. As soon as you replace 1 panel (I was going to get one rear panel fixed and sprayed) then the like-new panel will show up the rest of the car. If the panels are not bent/dented then on a 3 door a price to repaint the lot should be maybe around £400?

I got a price of £600 to fill and smooth 2 panels and then respray the whole lower half of the car which is quite a lot. I've seen the guys work and its very good.

just depends what the car is worth to you and how long you want to keep it. I just sold the Punto which needed a partial respray to get rid of all the dings.....I sold it for a very good price to a chap who had his own bodyshop and I didn't need to bother paying the £700 to fix it, yet still got a real good price

thats great, thanks for the help.

My intention is to buff the whole car once the new wing is on.

Is there any cheap places to get a replacemnt bumper, or is a scrapyard still the best place ?

I would think a scrap yard or eBay for that. You can always try our parts man Parts-King.........

Thanks for the reply.

Have been quoted £45 for a new one from a breakers yard.

But will try parts king anyway to see how he compares.

As a matter of interest, would the wing and front bumper from a 96 3dr rav fit a 94 model ?

thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links