Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yorkshire Centre Wasting My Time

Habu

Got an invite to a VIP only event for 'one off' special prices, top prices paid for P/X on the night only at my local Centre in Northallerton - you know the sort of thing. I've just come away feeling totally hacked off with Toyota and RMB Northallerton seemingly not interested in selling me a Prius TS with LED and USB/iPod or, at least, talking about options. If I want a Prius TS in any colour other than black it's a 16 week wait. I've been one of Toyota GB's and the Prius biggest supporters for years and now I'm pis%ed off with them. I didn't see any special deals, etc and now I wont be dealing with RMB again as I didn't feel like a valued customer at all. Don't you just hate being taken for a ride? :censor:

Peter / Habu

Got an invite to a VIP only event for 'one off' special prices, top prices paid for P/X on the night only at my local Centre in Northallerton - you know the sort of thing. I've just come away feeling totally hacked off with Toyota and RMB Northallerton seemingly not interested in selling me a Prius TS with LED and USB/iPod or, at least, talking about options. If I want a Prius TS in any colour other than black it's a 16 week wait. I've been one of Toyota GB's and the Prius biggest supporters for years and now I'm pis%ed off with them. I didn't see any special deals, etc and now I wont be dealing with RMB again as I didn't feel like a valued customer at all. Don't you just hate being taken for a ride? :censor:

Peter / Habu

habu

i can understand your frustration at the non existent VIP event they are just sales gimmick events to get customers in to buy new cars.

as for the bad service from their sales team about buying a new gen 3 model, i can assure you that they were not taking the p#ss when they quoted you the 16 week wait for a t-spirit with the led pack, as this a build only option it has to be especially requested from the factory in JAPAN. therefore it has to be put into the order chain, built to your personal spec, and shipped half way round the world,landed at bristol, checked, allocated a parking space, then a transporter to your dealer, then cleaned PDId taxed and insured. and all this has to happen before you can have it. this may seem long winded or an excuse but it is all true, the reason i know is because i work for a dealer and also I have ordered a t-spirit in silver with the LED pack and my delivery date is quoted as 11 weeks (that was 2 weeks ago) so even working for a dealer does not mean you can get your car any quicker.

Peter / Habu

habu

i can understand your frustration at the non existent VIP event they are just sales gimmick events to get customers in to buy new cars.

as for the bad service from their sales team about buying a new gen 3 model, i can assure you that they were not taking the p#ss when they quoted you the 16 week wait for a t-spirit with the led pack, as this a build only option it has to be especially requested from the factory in JAPAN. therefore it has to be put into the order chain, built to your personal spec, and shipped half way round the world,landed at bristol, checked, allocated a parking space, then a transporter to your dealer, then cleaned PDId taxed and insured. and all this has to happen before you can have it. this may seem long winded or an excuse but it is all true, the reason i know is because i work for a dealer and also I have ordered a t-spirit in silver with the LED pack and my delivery date is quoted as 11 weeks (that was 2 weeks ago) so even working for a dealer does not mean you can get your car any quicker.

The frustration wasn't with the 16 weeks delivery time (which I can sort of expect on a brand new model and a factory build too) rather the apparant lack of interest in the sales guy in getting me into a new Gen 3. I've been a very good customer over the years (parents too) and I'm well known at the Centre as a majot Toyota supporter and Prius techy guru.

I got my 50,000 mile service today ( :o ) and I intend to get a new model by the time 60,000 miles comes round which will be circa January 2010. Anyone want to sell me a Pearl White TS from January? I'd quite like the LED pack and USB/iPod connectivity too. :)

Peter / Habu

habu

The frustration wasn't with the 16 weeks delivery time (which I can sort of expect on a brand new model and a factory build too) rather the apparant lack of interest in the sales guy in getting me into a new Gen 3. I've been a very good customer over the years (parents too) and I'm well known at the Centre as a majot Toyota supporter and Prius techy guru.

I got my 50,000 mile service today ( :o ) and I intend to get a new model by the time 60,000 miles comes round which will be circa January 2010. Anyone want to sell me a Pearl White TS from January? I'd quite like the LED pack and USB/iPod connectivity too. :)

sorry for the misunderstanding, in that case i can understand the situation. have you tried any other dealers?

maybe looking a little further afield.

hope you are lucky enough to get the car you want, what made you go for the LED pack?? was it the fact of the lamps or was it the other additional items??

Mainly for the lamps as I think the front looks better for the extra projectors. In the end though it'll come down to whether I really want to spend an extra £900 on the day.

To be honest I've found those kind of events a bit of a cattle market and now avoid them like the plague.

I am sure if you went back there on a quiet day, you would get the kind of service and attention you expect and deserve.

Or as suggested ... go elsewhere, somebody will be happy to have your custom! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links