Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Additive

billsinc

Recently got my care serviced, they suggested a a fuel additive that would last a year. Anyone knows what it does?

I have been using "FORTE" brand fuel additive, since 2000, w-reg, as recommended by my Rover dealer, as a diesel system cleaner, as it clears out the fuel pipes, injectors, and lambda probe.

I continued with my next car, a new '53 reg T2 YARIS D-4D, and the Toyota salesman confirmed that his father used it every year, a month before the MoT, and it passes every time. It gives an instant smoothing effect to accelerating, and quitens the engine. Only one bottle at £7.50p +VaT, is needed, and gets added to the tank, and topped up to the neck.

Since last September, with my new Mk 6.5 Fiesta 1.25, I have been using the petrol version, to good effect, after clocking up 3000 miles. I even get an improvement in MPG.

There is no octane improvement, but that would be useless with my car, as the ECU cannot make use of Super-Unleaded, unlike my wife's TOYOTA AYGO.

Recently got my care serviced, they suggested a a fuel additive that would last a year. Anyone knows what it does?

it looks like a joke with their suggestion.

do not beieve it

Cheers/Igor

do not beieve it

Cheers/Igor

I have always used Redex diesel additive about every third fill up and cannot say that it makes any difference with the Avensis, but I firmly believe in the product.

I bought a Land Rover Discovery years back with a lot of miles on the clock and noticed a significant difference when I used a full bottle for a tankfull and then only used it periodically. I sold it with 240,000 on the clock with no injection problems.

The guy who does my MOT's says that a bottle in the tank guarantees the car gives the required emission readings.

You have to bear in mind that years ago, diesel injectors needing regular servicing. I know that fuels are cleaner now, but with the injectors and injector pump lasting the life of the engine, I feel that some sort of maintenance is necessary in the form of a decent additive.

On the same sort of topic, I filled my last motor, a hilux truck with the D-4-D engine, with the more expensive diesel available, by mistake, and it went like a rocket.

Opinions will vary, but I shall continue to use the additive, about 125 ml to a tankful, every third fill.

do not beieve it

Cheers/Igor

I have always used Redex diesel additive about every third fill up and cannot say that it makes any difference with the Avensis, but I firmly believe in the product.

I bought a Land Rover Discovery years back with a lot of miles on the clock and noticed a significant difference when I used a full bottle for a tankfull and then only used it periodically. I sold it with 240,000 on the clock with no injection problems.

The guy who does my MOT's says that a bottle in the tank guarantees the car gives the required emission readings.

You have to bear in mind that years ago, diesel injectors needing regular servicing. I know that fuels are cleaner now, but with the injectors and injector pump lasting the life of the engine, I feel that some sort of maintenance is necessary in the form of a decent additive.

On the same sort of topic, I filled my last motor, a hilux truck with the D-4-D engine, with the more expensive diesel available, by mistake, and it went like a rocket.

Opinions will vary, but I shall continue to use the additive, about 125 ml to a tankful, every third fill.

in case you ve personally tested an additive in question, then go ahead with it. But an Author did not call the name of this additive.

cheers/Igor

do not beieve it

Cheers/Igor

in case you ve personally tested an additive in question, then go ahead with it. But an Author did not call the name of this additive.

cheers/Igor

The dealer did not tell me the name of the additive.

Well I'm confused now! The dealer tells you to use an additive that lasts a year is that right? Then he didn't tell you what it was? Maybe get back to the dealer and ask what it is they recommend. Then tell us! Once we know, someone might be able to shed more light on the subject.

Cheers

I reckon you will find that the fuel additive is purely an injector cleaner :huh:

Hi Guys i have not used any additive in my Avensis but i used millers in my VW Golf and found that the golf ran better with it. I only use millers oil and additives but havent felt the need to use a petrol additive. With the connection to the super fuel the only one i only felt any difference with and that was with mpg was Totall

Hi to all,

after reading one of the replies I did some research into the mentioned "Forte diesel additive" and I discussed it with my son who has just bought an Audi A6 Allroad 2.5 diesel with about 95,000 miles on the clock and puttiing some black smoke out under load. Well we got hold of some and put 400ml into 1/4 of a tank and guess what within a few miles it had transformed the car ... more power and very smooth to drive and the black smoke has gone also! The 400ml normally treats up to 100ltrs but our research found that a stronger mix is best with a high mileage engine that has not had Forte in before. Next time we will use one 400ml bottle to a tank full and after that just use it every few months. I will put some in my 2.2 D4D next fillup even though I have no problems at all right now but prevention is better than a cure as it also states it is good for the dreaded EGR valve problem!

Any response positive or negative will be welcome ... but I know it really does do what it says on the tin ... well bottle actually. :thumbsup:

By the way you cannot buy Forte additives unless you are in the trade or have a contact who is, but you may get it on the Net.

Regards Pete.

• 1 month later...

Hi to all,

after reading one of the replies I did some research into the mentioned "Forte diesel additive" and I discussed it with my son who has just bought an Audi A6 Allroad 2.5 diesel with about 95,000 miles on the clock and puttiing some black smoke out under load. Well we got hold of some and put 400ml into 1/4 of a tank and guess what within a few miles it had transformed the car ... more power and very smooth to drive and the black smoke has gone also! The 400ml normally treats up to 100ltrs but our research found that a stronger mix is best with a high mileage engine that has not had Forte in before. Next time we will use one 400ml bottle to a tank full and after that just use it every few months. I will put some in my 2.2 D4D next fillup even though I have no problems at all right now but prevention is better than a cure as it also states it is good for the dreaded EGR valve problem!

Any response positive or negative will be welcome ... but I know it really does do what it says on the tin ... well bottle actually. :thumbsup:

By the way you cannot buy Forte additives unless you are in the trade or have a contact who is, but you may get it on the Net.

Regards Pete.

Hi Pete,

I have the same model as you - T Spirit Tourer 2.2 with 80k on the clock and have bought some Forte additive after reading this thread. I would be interested to know what concentration do you recommend - a quarter tank and 400 ml as per the Audio you mentioned?

Steve

When you say the ECU don't you have to reset it. I seen this on Fifth Gear when they tested high octane fuel like BP Ultimate & Shell Optimax. They done it by computer but you can do it by unplugging the ECU Fuse for about 15 min's.

Hi to all,

Regards Pete.

Hi Pete,

I have the same model as you - T Spirit Tourer 2.2 with 80k on the clock and have bought some Forte additive after reading this thread. I would be interested to know what concentration do you recommend - a quarter tank and 400 ml as per the Audio you mentioned?

Steve

Hi Steve, i've sent you a personal message, Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links