Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Great car but why so slow?

Spacemonkey

ok, then....

I'll detail u everything in order of installation,

make description

1 INJEN Cold Air Intake + 12 hp

2 APEXI N1 Exhaust + 8 hp

3 TODA RACING Flywheel no hp gain, faster rpm's

4 ACT Clutch Kit no hp gain, better launch

5 TRD LSD no hp gain, better grip, 2 wheels spining, instead of1

6 TRD - C-ONE Close Ratio gear seT no hp gain, rev's dont fall the lift point

7 TRD Header + 10 hp

8 APEXI SAFC + 3 hp (leaning the mixture by 17%)

9 TRD Short Shift no hp gain, shifting faster

10 UNORTHODOX Pulley set + 7 hp

11 Eibach SPRING no hp gain, better launch and cornering

12 HOTCHKIS STRUT BAR + CAMBER COR.. no hp gain, better cornering, less tire comsuption

I've heard that the stock TS is making 17.4 sec. in a 1/4 run with all these mods, my time has drop around 14.3 secs............NOT BAD FOR A NORMAL ASPIRATED CAR......

I also belive that with a little tunning + race gas i'll be hitting the 14's flat...................

FUTURE MODS, TTE Suspention, hks DLI, brake lines, clutch line, AND A NICE fashion body kit...

saludos

:angry: again with Captain Tsport???

who is that guy??

hey Crazy4Cars, i wanna know that mods. do you have in your TS...?.

i just know that you change the whole suspension of the car...(not at all, but installing others stuff)

---

BlackRat, when i made the first ride with Boris, i felt very stable in your car (may be the 18" wheels)?

wao, the shifting was excelent, very good response, and the most amazing was the CLOSE GEAR...

i just saw the tach, all the ride at high revs. was with LIFT....

mmm...and very good grip.

nice caR at....

see you, there

r/Ck

Not sure how long ago or what the exact figures were but......

Pulling power / 5th Gear (one of them) compared the TS, Civic Type R and Clio Sport 172.

Not sure if anyone saw it

They got Jason Plato (BTCC) doing 0-60 test and the TS was faster than both the others :D

I can not tell you what I have but I can say that you only saw the coil overs, you didn't see the rest of the suspension parts, everything was changed.

I've heard that the stock TS is making 17.4 sec. in a 1/4 run with all these mods, my time has drop around 14.3 secs............NOT BAD FOR A NORMAL ASPIRATED CAR......

actually normal Corolla TS should do mid to low 15's stock... low 14's seem to be max w/o forced induction

I thought 17's sounded high. My GTi-16v was 16.4secs stock and i know the TS is faster.

I think with cars, you can't just look at the 0 - 60 for the accl speed. My GTi-16v was quoted @ 8.2sec and i could never beat it only match it. Where as with the Yaris TS i can beat the 0 - 60 by just over a second when it's almost standard.

0 - 60 times are useful but a 400m run shows a lot more about the accl than a 0 - 60 test.

Hi Guys,

I write the times of the italian magazine AUTO n2/02 (one of the best here) about Corolla TS:

Speed per gear:

I 66 kmh

II 101,4

III 139,9

IV 177,7

V 218,9

VI 222,8

Acceleration

0-100kmh 7,15 sec

0-1000mt 27,72 sec

0-400mt 15,27 sec

Top Speed

222,8 kmh

Consumption

City 9,116 km per litre

Limit 3,820

130kmh 10,613

Brakes

100mhh to 0: 38,8mt

Davide

what a time Davide!

i'm curious about the 1th of may when Imek will post his on g-tech pro clocked times :rolleyes:

Imek don't forget to post them :D

I already clocked my T-Sport, but on winter tyres and a 90kg passenger on board plus full tank: 7.9s, 7.95. 8.01 and with TRC on 8.13.

So it seems that with no additional weight and summer tyres I could get 7.4 or even 7.2.

And I sorry, but its not 1st of May, but 1st of July when we have the racetrack meeting. But will do everything to get my TS properly clocked earlier - especially after I had my air filter replaced.

And latest nwes about ECU remap:

On may 25th they have TM Poland service staff meeting on which they'll discuss the matter.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links