Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T27 Ipod Control Problems

Geir B

I just got my new Avensis T27 with full navi and an USB contact. But it doesn't support my iPod gen 5 or my iPod Touch full function, just playlist. And it doesn't recognize my iPhone at all. Shouldn't it do that? Paid a premium for these function, and my dealer doesn't have a clue as always...

I just got my new Avensis T27 with full navi and an USB contact. But it doesn't support my iPod gen 5 or my iPod Touch full function, just playlist. And it doesn't recognize my iPhone at all. Shouldn't it do that? Paid a premium for these function, and my dealer doesn't have a clue as always...

Hello there fellow norwegian! Have you got the owners manual for the usb? If not you can find it here http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/legacy/To...-Ipod_OM_LR.pdf

Dessverre er det ikke noen fullgod usb løsning fordi enheten som blir koblet til blir kontrollert som om det skulle vært en cd veksler! Jeg hadde tenkt til å få meg usb tilkoblingen, men jeg har funnet ut at jeg kan klare meg med bluetooth tilkoblingen. Det er heller ingen fullgod løsning, for en kan ikke skifte album, bare sanger. Men samtidig kan jeg fortsette å høre på samme sangen når jeg setter meg inn i bilen og kjører uten å måtte koble noe som helst!

Hello there fellow norwegian! Have you got the owners manual for the usb? If not you can find it here http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/legacy/To...-Ipod_OM_LR.pdf

Dessverre er det ikke noen fullgod usb løsning fordi enheten som blir koblet til blir kontrollert som om det skulle vært en cd veksler! Jeg hadde tenkt til å få meg usb tilkoblingen, men jeg har funnet ut at jeg kan klare meg med bluetooth tilkoblingen. Det er heller ingen fullgod løsning, for en kan ikke skifte album, bare sanger. Men samtidig kan jeg fortsette å høre på samme sangen når jeg setter meg inn i bilen og kjører uten å måtte koble noe som helst!

It's funny you know, That's just what i was going to say!! :goof:

It's funny you know, That's just what i was going to say!! :goof:

Sorry about that, I was in a hurry and typing in norwegian is a lot faster for me. ;) I'll try to keep it in english form now on.

HH

Make sure you have the original Ipod dock -cable. For some reason a 3rd party cable didn't work or did randomly. Original cable finds the Ipod everytime.

Also the default mode is always playlist when the system is turned on. You can change to album mode my pressing RPT long.

Oh and I have Ipod Touch 16Gb with firmware 3.0.

The new Prius have a much better interface for iPod, I will try this one in my car and see if it works.

Also if anyone have problems with the microphone for bluetooth is too low, the volume can be raised.

The microphone trick works on the Avensis just like the Prius. Will try today to see how it turns out.

The new Prius have a much better interface for iPod, I will try this one in my car and see if it works.

My USB connection works exactly the same as in the video. The USB module itself should be the same in Avensis and Prius.

I don't have satnav so I'll have to do with the small screen of the standard radio.

Make sure that the Ipod touch / iPhone is ON before switching to USB. It doesn't recognize it if you let the car turn the Ipod/Iphone on and instantly change to USB.

And like I wrote before, use the original Apple Ipod dock cable that came with the device. A 3rd party cable doesn't work properly.

My USB connection works exactly the same as in the video. The USB module itself should be the same in Avensis and Prius.

I don't have satnav so I'll have to do with the small screen of the standard radio.

Make sure that the Ipod touch / iPhone is ON before switching to USB. It doesn't recognize it if you let the car turn the Ipod/Iphone on and instantly change to USB.

And like I wrote before, use the original Apple Ipod dock cable that came with the device. A 3rd party cable doesn't work properly.

In Europe your iPod interface shouldn't be like that. Can you get hold of the interface part number?

In Europe your iPod interface shouldn't be like that. Can you get hold of the interface part number?

How come it shouldn't be like that? I don't understand? How it should be different in Europe?

My understanding is that Toyota is offering only one kind of USB interface. The operation itself is mostly dependant on the headunit in the car.

I don't think I can get the part number unless I dismantle the car :) Sorry.

I'm not quite sure how it works on your case? The USB manual states that 5th gen Ipods and iPhone are supported. Is your iPhone saying that this device is not supported when you connect it to the USB port?

How come it shouldn't be like that? I don't understand? How it should be different in Europe?

My understanding is that Toyota is offering only one kind of USB interface. The operation itself is mostly dependant on the headunit in the car.

I don't think I can get the part number unless I dismantle the car :) Sorry.

I'm not quite sure how it works on your case? The USB manual states that 5th gen Ipods and iPhone are supported. Is your iPhone saying that this device is not supported when you connect it to the USB port?

I can only select playlist/song/album, not artist/genre and so on. Playlist only by numbers, so I have to guess which one to choose.

The navi in Europe have HDD, and only one cd in the player. In USA they don't have HDD, but a cd changer which contains 4 cd's in the slot.

I can only select playlist/song/album, not artist/genre and so on. Playlist only by numbers, so I have to guess which one to choose.

The navi in Europe have HDD, and only one cd in the player. In USA they don't have HDD, but a cd changer which contains 4 cd's in the slot.

Oh. That's the same behaviour I have on the USB. But I can see the playlist name on the radio screen so I don't just have to guess what this is.

I personally prefer to use USB memory stick with the connector. Much less hassle with that one and much faster :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links