Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Warranty Question

kidpaprika

Hi everyone,

I am going to look at (and possibly buy) a used 2008 1.0 T2 with 6500 miles on the clock.

It was registered in July 2008 and therefore should have the best part of two years manufacturer warranty left on it.

My question is, what do I need to check to make sure the car's still in warranty? I've done an HPI check and it is fully clear. When should it have been serviced and how many times?

Thanks

Service needs to have been done within one calendar month either side of when it was due to comply with warranty terms - I've only just checked this with my dealer myself, as I've been away and I needed to know how near the anniversary date I needed to get it serviced....

I am not sure about the price for the Yaris with that many miles, with barely over 1year on the engine, but I am very unsure about used and young cars. You will never know how does the engine look inside, how someone reved it and what was the drive style. If it's a big difference in price, try to get in touch with someone who could help you maybe what to check, like oil leaks, unusual noises (engine, suspension, gearbox etc.). You can never be too sure with Toyota.

That's why I decided to go for factory new model, as I don't trust the drivers who make 5000 or more miles per year. It's quite a lot. And the question of course, why did they decide to sell it. If you want to save money on used car, ask yourself if future repairs won't cost you more than the difference between used and brand new model.

Just my, being-mistrustful, opinion :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links