Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Count Down Has Begun.....

Nightstalker

Hy all... :lol:

Well it has happened, I was introduced to Big Reds bigger slightly older Silver sister and have decided to dump Big Red for her :D she served her purpose well, however with our 3rd :baby: on the horizon big red has become not big enough... :(

Yep around next Friday I shall be taking my Rav back to MR T and trading her in for a silver 05reg LC4. The price was good and she's had a new ticker put in (short engine replaced and top engine rebuilt and new cambelt) so that should give me a few non troubled 1000K miles pleasure out of her ;)

One shall keep in touch with the mad bunch as there is soooo much banter and fun going on here that one would miss it tooooo much, the LC chaps n chappets on this site are not as chatty and the ones on the landcruiser owners club dont seem to spread as much banter as goes on over here...

Pics will follow

Regards

Rob

B)

Hy all... :lol:

Well it has happened, I was introduced to Big Reds bigger slightly older Silver sister and have decided to dump Big Red for her :D she served her purpose well, however with our 3rd :baby: on the horizon big red has become not big enough... :(

Yep around next Friday I shall be taking my Rav back to MR T and trading her in for a silver 05reg LC4. The price was good and she's had a new ticker put in (short engine replaced and top engine rebuilt and new cambelt) so that should give me a few non troubled 1000K miles pleasure out of her ;)

One shall keep in touch with the mad bunch as there is soooo much banter and fun going on here that one would miss it tooooo much, the LC chaps n chappets on this site are not as chatty and the ones on the landcruiser owners club dont seem to spread as much banter as goes on over here...

Pics will follow

Regards

Rob

B)

Traitor - should have farmed the we'en out and kept the RAV! RAVs are for life, not just Christmas :lol: Another 20 years and the baby becomes a money-grabbing drain on resource. You'll regret it :P And just THINK about those five MASSIVE doors on the LC - forget the engine rebuild....what about the hinges??

Cheers Fuj...

Bothers you know what... I didn't even think about that... so when you pointed out that the Hinges might be knackered due to the big doors... and yes there's a lot of them - well 2 more than your Rav... My local MR T said - don't worry about those, they get changed every 10K or once a year whichever comes first as part of the service.... that's why the LC service is a tad more expensive... Now that worried me as the geeza who had the LC before me missed the 30K service so I mentioned that to my local MR T and they said the previous owner was reported to the RSPCTLC ( Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Toyota Landcruisers) and was told he got a hefty fine you know.... :o

However I was assured that at the next service they checked the door frames to make sure nowt was bent, and once the hinges were replaced they got the RAC out to give it a once over and make sure that the LC was road worthy :eek: .... so once the RAC chap was told about the previous owner being fined (which is a must nowadays) and he checked out the door action he gave the LC a clean bill of health! :D

He did stress though that this shouldn't happen again as once is ok but nextime it could do a lot of damage, he said I was lucky the spare wheel is not on the back like on other versions of the LC as that would have caused severe damage..>!

Regards

Rob

:lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links