Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removal Of Wheel Hub Badge Cup?

CALSHOT

Hello... anyone know how to remove the hub Badge cup in the centre of the wheel? Does it screw off of do you need a knife to prize off? I've gently done both but trying to not scratch the newly re-sprayed alloys.

thanks

Hi CALSHOT

Easiest and least damaging method is simply remove the wheels

i've taken off the 5 nuts and pulling on the wheel but it doesn't budge (yep it's on a jack outside now!). Really simple Qu but i take it the wheel should just come off with no need to take off the plastic cup?

Hi CALSHOT

I assume from your reply that you have never removed your wheels before?

Anyway, once the 4, (or 5), wheel nuts are removed, the wheel should literally 'fall of' - there is nothing else holding the wheel onto the hub

If your Celica is 'pre-facelift', the wheel hubs can be exceptionally susceptible to corrosion/rust

Give the wheel/tyre a few gentle taps with a dead-head hammer, this may loosen the wheel a little

Hi CALSHOT

Anyway, once the 4, (or 5), wheel nuts are removed, the wheel should literally 'fall of' - there is nothing else holding the wheel onto the hub

If your Celica is 'pre-facelift', the wheel hubs maybe exceptionally susceptible to corrosion/rust

Give the wheel/tyre a few gentle taps with a dead-head hammer, this may loosen it bit

give onc side of the wheel a good kick with the bottom of your shoe.

Hi CALSHOT

If your Celica is 'pre-facelift', the wheel hubs can be exceptionally susceptible to corrosion/rust

Give the wheel/tyre a few gentle taps with a dead-head hammer, this may loosen it bit

Hello,

I've taken wheels off before just not on this car yet. Tried again with no luck... will try the hammer tap tomorrow. It is a pre facelift but there's not too much rust around. Maybe the alloy respray wasn't 100% dry before they were put back on. Just had to check there isn't any securing behind the caps. Hope fully the hammer cure it.

Cheers

with nuts removed , lower the jack slightly untill the wheel touches the floor , it should break any rust on the hubs face and once off apply a smear of grease before refit. id personnally just kick it off , kicking 1 side then the other. but lowering it onto the floor should do the trick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links