Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fan Heater Problem Or Not?

chocky14u

Am i missing something.....

When idling the LC4 no heat only cool air will come from the heating ducts; warm air being especially useful when demisting the front windscreen prior to moving off.

When 1000 rpm is reached miraculously the heat comes from the ducts to demist the windscreen.

Our local Toyota dealer today has stated that there is no fault (probably after plugging in some ecu lead)

Are they right?

Do other users suffer the same problem?

I use other LC4's regular and have not noticed this problem before...

When idling the LC4 no heat only cool air will come from the heating ducts; warm air being especially useful when demisting the front windscreen prior to moving off.

When 1000 rpm is reached miraculously the heat comes from the ducts to demist the windscreen.

Our local Toyota dealer today has stated that there is no fault (probably after plugging in some ecu lead)

Are they right?

hello mate

sometimes it si not anough to switch ON the fan only but it is recomended to swith an A/C compressoro ON and all the moisture will be obsorbed on the evaporator -- this works perfectly especially when outside air is too must wet.

Cheers/Igor

Are they right?

hello mate

sometimes it si not anough to switch ON the fan only but it is recomended to swith an A/C compressoro ON and all the moisture will be obsorbed on the evaporator -- this works perfectly especially when outside air is too must wet.

Cheers/Igor

thanks igor..

Can confirm that the A/C button automatically switches on when the front window demist button is swiched on, no heat with it either switched on or off..baffled two factory technicians.......Toyota garage confirmed today that they could find no fault.........We shall see when UK winter throws its finest at us.

cheers

Martin.

Are they right?

hello mate

Cheers/Igor

thanks igor..

Can confirm that the A/C button automatically switches on when the front window demist button is swiched on, no heat with it either switched on or off..baffled two factory technicians.......Toyota garage confirmed today that they could find no fault.........We shall see when UK winter throws its finest at us.

cheers

Martin.

Martin

Hi

Is your thermostat in order?

Does coolant themp reach normal ranges when drived?

It still not clear.

Cheers/Igor

Are they right?

hello mate

Cheers/Igor

thanks igor..

cheers

Martin.

Martin

Hi

It still not clear.

Cheers/Igor

Yes thermostat works fine, temperature guage ok, heat emits from vents ok above 1000rpm as it should it's just that when idling no heat; as tho a cut off valve is not opening Toyota dealer plugged in his magic plugs all ok deemed the puzzled technicians. Dealer has written down on their computer record concern over heater before vehicle warranty runs out. to return to dealer for further investigation.

Been running an identical lc4 model today at work and controls in exactly the same setup.....heater working on idle got me puzzled too!!!

I would say that the heater matrix needs a good flush out, then make sure you dont have any air locks in the system.

Are they right?

hello mate

Cheers/Igor

thanks igor..

cheers

Martin.

Martin

Hi

It still not clear.

Cheers/Igor

Yes thermostat works fine, temperature guage ok, heat emits from vents ok above 1000rpm as it should it's just that when idling no heat; as tho a cut off valve is not opening Toyota dealer plugged in his magic plugs all ok deemed the puzzled technicians. Dealer has written down on their computer record concern over heater before vehicle warranty runs out. to return to dealer for further investigation.

Been running an identical lc4 model today at work and controls in exactly the same setup.....heater working on idle got me puzzled too!!!

hi

have coolant system investigated + check coolant level. it really looks strange that the engine gives no heat to feel even small heat in the saloon.

but i ve heard the similar issue in the rav's dept and those explanation was that the mordern diesels are very economical and give no much heat when idled --may be this is the case.

Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links