Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 D4d Vibration

paul900

hello guys

got a bit of a problem got a 2007 t spirit 2.2 d4d with 84k on the clock

my car has started makin a funny noise when accelerating at about 1200 rpm it vibrates like a metalic noise from the front passenger wheel area . nothin feels loose have looked underneath at the exhaust and other bits and bobs but cant find anything

any ideas

cheers

paul

hello guys

my car has started makin a funny noise when accelerating at about 1200 rpm it vibrates like a metalic noise from the front passenger wheel area . nothin feels loose have looked underneath at the exhaust and other bits and bobs but cant find anything

any ideas

cheers

paul

Hi Paul, here are some ideas.....

it might sound a bit daft but take off the n/s front wheel and check for objects like a small stone between the inside of the brake disc and the backplate. I have come across this before and as you gather speed it may start throwing the stone around causing the noise you mention. I know it's not 100% but all it will cost you is time, before removing the road wheel it pull and push it to check the hub bearings and spin the road wheel slowly and feel for any binding or roughness before you slacken the wheel nuts whilst the car is jacked up. The outer CV joint may not feel worn but you can test that later by driving slowly on full lock left and right whilst listening for any clicking sounds, if it clicks then the CV joint is worn on the side it does it.

Or take it back to the garage you've only had it 3 weeks! :lol:

Regards Pete.

hello guys

any ideas

cheers

paul

Paul,

Could this be the old problem at the airbox intake pipe vibrating and causing low frequency growl and vibration? If you can't find posting, look under my nom de forum.

Regards,

Big Kev

hello guys

any ideas

cheers

paul

hello mate

how did you feel it? WHether the gears shifting lever vibrated? Or it is an automatic?

Cheers/Igor

hi guys just thought id update

:D after reading the thread about airfilter box and pipe got home from work tonight armed with torch and toolbox and decided to take apart the car lol

and found that the air hose where it goes into the airbox was loose the sponge from around the pipe had disapeared so into the shed for a sponge > not used for washing car as they scratch like f**k !!!! cut a small thin piece of sponge to wrap around the hose and put it back in the hole to the airbox until i can get some glue at the weekend tp fasten it properly ........... also put some down the side of the hose where it goes at the side of the light just to be on the safe side

and hey presto the noise has gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yipeeeeeeeee back to silent driving (well not silent as the diesel engine gets a real work out with me behind the wheel ) it doesnt half pull in 3rd gear :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links