Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reversing Sensor Switch

scrutineer

My avensis touring had reversing sensors and a tow bar fitted by the dealer before a collected and they didn't fit a switch into the sensors to shut them up while reverssing with a trailor and the constant bleeping is a real pain

I understand that there is often a switch in the corner of the boot - could anyone let me know which wire is cut by this switch please and i'llfit one myself........the dealer is not interested in helping :censor: (i'll remember thatwhen i need a replacement car next year!!!)

My avensis touring had reversing sensors and a tow bar fitted by the dealer before a collected and they didn't fit a switch into the sensors to shut them up while reverssing with a trailor and the constant bleeping is a real pain

I understand that there is often a switch in the corner of the boot - could anyone let me know which wire is cut by this switch please and i'llfit one myself........the dealer is not interested in helping :censor: (i'll remember thatwhen i need a replacement car next year!!!)

If they fitted the kit correctly then you will have a small plug you can remove and fit the correct cancellation switch to the loom.

I think the switch /wire is only £7 from Toyota.

If you dont fancy doing it this way and want to fit your own switch - the feed for the sensor ECU will be from your reverse light feed.

Mart.

I understand that there is often a switch in the corner of the boot ....

Hi,

You can download the official Accessory Installation guide for the TPA(rear) here:

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/Aim.aspx?menuitem=2

Look for "M" in the drawing, which is the on/off switch and is part of the kit.

It connects to connector Z6 of the TPA wiring harness.

I understand that there is often a switch in the corner of the boot ....

Hi,

You can download the official Accessory Installation guide for the TPA(rear) here:

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/Aim.aspx?menuitem=2

Look for "M" in the drawing, which is the on/off switch and is part of the kit.

It connects to connector Z6 of the TPA wiring harness.

thats perfect .....thanks very much

as the supplying dealer is unwilling to fit the kit properly i'll be doing it myself

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links