Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm Finally Buying New Rims!

KPARRIS-JONES

Hi all,

I have just been informed that I will be getting some new rims for my GTi this christmas providing that I do some work to get the house ready for selling.

I want some ROTA Grid-Drifts 16x8" in white.

First off, will these fit under my arches nicely with some slightly stretched tyres?, because I know that 8" is quite wide!

Secondly, what tyre manufacturer should I go with out of Falken, Toyo and Yokohama? I need to have the assurance of some really good grip in all weathers.

And finally, what offset do I need?

Thank you for your time, :)

KP

I don’t think they do the 4x100 stud pattern in the drifts but I could be wrong

tyre wise i would go for the toyos

I don’t think they do the 4x100 stud pattern in the drifts but I could be wrong

tyre wise i would go for the toyos

Thanks mate.

No they don't do the correct offset. :( Boosts it is then!

cheers

big g ....when did i pretend my wheels were buddy clubs....did you ever read the topic?? you look like an absolute fool trying to be sarcastic

I SOLD MY BUDDY CLUBS TO BUY ROTA BOOSTS!

BELOW IS A PHOTO OF MY BUDDY CLUBS ESPECIALLY FOR YOU!

DSC02549.jpg

ABOVE IS AN IMAGE OF MY PREVIOUS WHEELS....BUDDY CLUB P1 RACING PLUS 2

http://www.buddyclubuk.com/p1_racing_II.htm

now tell me im trying to pull em off i change my wheels more times than you probably change your clothes now stop with the sarcastic comments and go to specsavers you obviously have trouble reading.

big g ....when did i pretend my wheels were buddy clubs....did you ever read the topic?? you look like an absolute fool trying to be sarcastic

BELOW IS A PHOTO OF MY BUDDY CLUBS ESPECIALLY FOR YOU!

DSC02549.jpg

ABOVE IS AN IMAGE OF MY PREVIOUS WHEELS....BUDDY CLUB P1 RACING PLUS 2

http://www.buddyclubuk.com/p1_racing_II.htm

now tell me im trying to pull em off i change my wheels more times than you probably change your clothes now stop with the sarcastic comments and go to specsavers you obviously have trouble reading.

LOL :lol:

hook.jpg

:thumbsup:

hook.jpg

:thumbsup:

as funny as that may be i fail to see the humour in it. what are you going on about sir!

Just get some boost's.....then pretend there Buddyclubs, thats what other people on here do ;) :lol:

Not cool.

You too reece.

I'm sick of the mean spirited people on forums. I've already left one today, don't give me a reason to leave another. Farhan is a cool guy who posts helpful things. He doesn't just litter threads with crummy pot-shots trying to make everyone laugh.

Kynan is right alot of forums are becoming very tense we all need to take a deep breath and chill out, thought we were all car enthusiast not keyborad warriors.

• 3 months later...

Been looking at these.... not sure if I should go for white or black rims. It'll be a white car with black surrounds on the inside of the headlights, and the sidelights are smoked.

RS5

Anyone think they will be good on the GTi? They're really cheap too! :)

White with White Wheels is nice :D

That's what I have been leaning towards more than anything else... :) so hard to decide! :unsure:

For my taste they dont suit. i guess they are popular wheels tho. it is after all your choice.

I saw them and liked them in a flight of fancy. I have a long time until I will be getting rims, making the title ironic yes, but coilovers and not having a GTi that falls over is more important! :lol:

They were my next choice! :lol:

I would love some of those too, although they are very popular too, especially on Jap rides. That doesn't really put me off al that much though....

I do quite like the polished lip on the others though, it is a subtle difference against the white that I think really sets it off. But there are others with lips like that so I'll keep looking. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links