Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driver's Headrest Required

HankQuinlan

Long story short , someone stole the driver's headrest from my Yaris 07 1.8 SR 5dr Grey Met

is there any point in trawling through the numerous car parts websites for a replacement - I've been trying for about the last 18 months

with no success - or do I need to bite the bullet and go back to Toyota and pay over £200 ?

any help or advice gratefully received

Give us the long story! I'm interested now!

Two years ago I was in Glasgow to go to a football match, parked (and locked!) my Yaris on a busy main street and when I returned two hours later it had was gone.

It was found 5 days later by the Police about a mile away parked in a secluded street that I would never have parked in.

The Police then had it towed away to a car pound.

When I got the car back from the pound (£150 later) the locking wheel nut key was missing as well as the driver's headrest. No additional mileage on it. Got it home , had to buy a locking wheel nut key from Toyota to remove wheels and a replacement set of locking wheel nuts, also got it checked over by my local Toyota dealership, costing in total £160. :angry:

According to Toyota without the proximity key the only way to move it is to put it on a trailer and drive it away. So I'm at a loss to explain how it could have been moved. Ever since then I'm not convinced that the Yaris is as secure as Toyota would have us believe.

Soon afterwards I had a tracking device fitted.

Long story short , someone stole the driver's headrest from my Yaris 07 1.8 SR 5dr Grey Met

is there any point in trawling through the numerous car parts websites for a replacement - I've been trying for about the last 18 months

with no success - or do I need to bite the bullet and go back to Toyota and pay over £200 ?

any help or advice gratefully received

http://www.deijne.nl

or

http://www.cartoyotaparts.com

Two years ago I was in Glasgow to go to a football match, parked (and locked!) my Yaris on a busy main street and when I returned two hours later it had was gone.

It was found 5 days later by the Police about a mile away parked in a secluded street that I would never have parked in.

When I got the car back from the pound (£150 later) the locking wheel nut key was missing as well as the driver's headrest. No additional mileage on it. Got it home , had to buy a locking wheel nut key from Toyota to remove wheels and a replacement set of locking wheel nuts, also got it checked over by my local Toyota dealership, costing in total £160. :angry:

According to Toyota without the proximity key the only way to move it is to put it on a trailer and drive it away. So I'm at a loss to explain how it could have been moved. Ever since then I'm not convinced that the Yaris is as secure as Toyota would have us believe.

Sorry to hear about that.....................what a story!

I must ask the obvious.............are you sure that you did not leave it in the street where the police found it?

That would explain so many things...........No more miles and no real damage.

I would suspect that the head restraint and wheel nut key "dissapeared" whilst your car was either in the pound or on its way to the pound.....................but you will never prove that :unsure: :(

As to a replacement head restraint..............you could try searching either local or online breakers yards, which should be much cheaper than the main dealer...............Good Luck...........and remember where you park next time! ;)

With no additional mileage on your car it would mean it wasn’t driven, the Yaris is a secure car which has been proven. It wasn’t driven away it was lifted and towed away which can happen to any car, even a £1 million pound bugatti veyron!

After that anyone could break into it and take a headrest, but once again that can happen to any car.

Maybe the football match is a clue? Rival fans playing up? How strange indeed.

£200 for a new headrest? Personally with such a new car I would bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Sorry to hear about that.....................what a story!

I must ask the obvious.............are you sure that you did not leave it in the street where the police found it?

That would explain so many things...........No more miles and no real damage.

I would suspect that the head restraint and wheel nut key "dissapeared" whilst your car was either in the pound or on its way to the pound.....................but you will never prove that :unsure: :(

As to a replacement head restraint..............you could try searching either local or online breakers yards, which should be much cheaper than the main dealer...............Good Luck...........and remember where you park next time! ;)

Yes I am absolutely sure I didn't leave it where it was found about 5 days later and you're not the first to ask ;-) I have never parked in the street in which it was found as it is the wrong side of the motorway for me to get home and I would have been driving against the traffic to get home . I can only assume that the car was somehow moved to a point just far enough that I wouldn't have looked for it and left to see if it had a tracking device. ie. if it's still there after a week it can be moved quite easily at that point it was only about 6 months old - so I guess it was reasonably desireable!

I agree I think the key and headrest were removed in the pound but I'll never be able to prove it as you say.

I have been trying to source a headrest for about 18 months from various breakers yards , I'm getting to the point where I'll have to bite the bullet and go back to the dealer. It annoys me that when I bought it I could have had it reupholstered in leather for £1200 in total and yet a replacement headrest is £200 , go figure!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links