Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

59 Aygo Platinum. 1 Week Old. Leaking And Soaking!

New aygo plat

:angry:

Picked up my brand new Aygo last Tuesday feeling really pleased with myself. Less than a week in noticed a serious amount of water in both foot wells in the back. When I picked up the carpet mats the water actually driped off them!

I read loads of reviews on the aygo before taking the plunge (that's not actually funny!) but unfortunately didn't come across anything that warned about this problem. Having found this forum, I now can't believe how many people have experienced this problem and for how long it has been going on. It is a complete joke. Surely it is a fairly basic requirement that a car can be used when it rains without taking in water! It rains most days on the West coast of Scotland and I cannot believe that Toyota are still churning out Aygos that leak.

I am due to phone back Toyota tomorrow but I am being told by the sales dept to get it checked out under warranty by the servicing dept. I'm going to contact citizen's advice tomorrow first though because surely there is some kind of cover that protects buyers from being sold a defective car?

Any advice greatly received and to those who have experienced similar problems, I feel your pain.

Click

I feel your pain. Buying a new car should be a great experience, buying a new car that leaks like a sieve is heartbreaking. I would be absolutely gutted if it happened to me. The only thing I can suggest is to follow the advice of the other unfortunate Aygo owners who have had the same problems.

Why is this STILL going on Toyota?

I Bought my Aygo Earlier this year. Mine seems to be fine. it does seem to be a really common faults on them!! its a real shame its happened to you. :(

Sorry to hear about your problems - I have owned mine since the end of June and have had no problems so far. If I had a problem like this I would be pretty fed up if I went back to the dealership only to be told 'go to the servicing dept and they'll sort it out'. It doesn't matter if this involves only 10 more steps in the same building, in my opinion you shouldn't have to do anything THEY should bend over backwards to put it right at the absolute minimum amount of effort for you.

I agree with reece - Why is this still going on? I appreciate that it's probably only a small minority of owners that have suffered this but it isn't good enough.

I hope that it gets put right asap and you get to enjoy the car as I am mine - it has so many good points. . . .which makes the leaking even more disappointing.

And finally, having just re-read your post. . . .Toyota should be phoning you back not the other way round.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am also sorry to hear about your leak problem.

My wife and I have just purchased our Aygo a week ago and your post made me worry. After the recent downpours, I've just carefully check our car and found no leaks. I would have been onto Toyota like a terrier. You have paid with your hard earned cash. Create a stink in the showroom and I'm sure they would get it fixed pretty quickly.

Hi,

My wife and I have just purchased our Aygo a week ago and your post made me worry. After the recent downpours, I've just carefully check our car and found no leaks. I would have been onto Toyota like a terrier. You have paid with your hard earned cash. Create a stink in the showroom and I'm sure they would get it fixed pretty quickly.

Most Toyota dealers will respond rapidly to this old problem, but once you let them try to fix it, you give up your rights to reject the car (which I believe has a short time limit from taking delivery :-- consult CAB a.s.a.p. )

My wife was lucky with her '55 reg one, and her Jan '09 one also. Her first one only needed a new water pump and radiator, and a hatch-lock assembly.

New door seals were designed, with auxilliary seals, but take some time to get and fit properly, and new carpets must be insisted upon, and a good dry-out of the car, after-all small de-humidifiers are available, and surely all Toyota dealers will have one by now. A courtesy car free of all charges is your right also.

Hi,

Most Toyota dealers will respond rapidly to this old problem, but once you let them try to fix it, you give up your rights to reject the car (which I believe has a short time limit from taking delivery :-- consult CAB a.s.a.p. )

My wife was lucky with her '55 reg one, and her Jan '09 one also. Her first one only needed a new water pump and radiator, and a hatch-lock assembly.

New door seals were designed, with auxilliary seals, but take some time to get and fit properly, and new carpets must be insisted upon, and a good dry-out of the car, after-all small de-humidifiers are available, and surely all Toyota dealers will have one by now. A courtesy car free of all charges is your right also.

I can't believe this is still happening on new cars, this has got to be a Watchdog issue now. They might actually get a proper responce from Toyota.

• 2 months later...

how did you get on? i get my new 3door aygo platinum on 1st march 2010..

1. from what i read here the 2-seals above the rear lights 'and' parking sensor wiring seal needs silicon sealant applied

2. the door seals can go on 5door versions (mine is a 3door)

3. and the ariel can do with a glub of sealant sometimes too as it can cause dampness in interior light

you would think dealers would find this fairly minor if they know about these issues and for '£2 bottle of silicon sealent' treat them ALL before they leaves the showroom? for happy returning customers?

regards,

stuart reid.

I hope the original OP responds to your question but it might be the case. Where an initial disappointment gets posted up for the world to see and after rectification nobody wants to give praise to Toyota and as only one post has been made any reply could be unlikely :(

2010 isnt going to be a good year for toyota!

My aygo leaked in - new door seals fitted - problem solved (for now at least)

Not what you expect on a brand new aygo!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going to complain my Blue won't leak even when soaked with a jet wash...

Was it something I said cool.gif

• 1 month later...

Picked up my brand new Aygo last Tuesday feeling really pleased with myself. Less than a week in noticed a serious amount of water in both foot wells in the back. When I picked up the carpet mats the water actually driped off them!

I read loads of reviews on the aygo before taking the plunge (that's not actually funny!) but unfortunately didn't come across anything that warned about this problem. Having found this forum, I now can't believe how many people have experienced this problem and for how long it has been going on. It is a complete joke. Surely it is a fairly basic requirement that a car can be used when it rains without taking in water! It rains most days on the West coast of Scotland and I cannot believe that Toyota are still churning out Aygos that leak.

I am due to phone back Toyota tomorrow but I am being told by the sales dept to get it checked out under warranty by the servicing dept. I'm going to contact citizen's advice tomorrow first though because surely there is some kind of cover that protects buyers from being sold a defective car?

Any advice greatly received and to those who have experienced similar problems, I feel your pain.

I had same problem regarding soaking carpets.itook it back to the dealer,and they said

it was a bung that had been left in a drain hole under the rear skirt

Presumally they removed it,because it has been ok since

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links