Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bye Bye Rav4 Hello Sensible 4 X 4...ish

Mereside

My Rav4 T180 is going on Thursday and I have been to see the new 4 x 4... sort of.

I have bought another sensible car in silver so I don't have to wash it so much.

I think of it as a mini Rav4.. just a bit smaller, lower and faster, with an S-Tronic gearbox with flappy paddle to help me in my old age.

I will keep sneaking back to remember my Rav days,,, sniffle sniffle.

post-62680-1257613260_thumb.jpg

My Rav4 T180 is going on Thursday and I have been to see the new 4 x 4... sort of.

I have bought another sensible car in silver so I don't have to wash it so much.

I think of it as a mini Rav4.. just a bit smaller, lower and faster, with an S-Tronic gearbox with flappy paddle to help me in my old age.

Good luck with your Noddy car.....sorry Audi car Mereside....is it true you walked into the dealership last week, dressed as a cowboy at Haloween, and said

"Owdy....?"

Can't help but notice the big black hole at the back in the photograph....will this be cataloyeded prior to you picking it up?

Drive safely and let not your colleagues from a previous life have reason to pull you over......one mean brief man, innit?

Big Kev. :lol::lol::lol:

Very nice new car mereside :thumbsup: in the best colour ......silver .

I test drove one just over ayear ago when i had my tsport celica and i remember thinking how much power the S3 had (in every gear)at any speed !!!!!!

Good luck and happy driving :thumbsup:

My mate at work has one in a silver with a tint of blue and it looks superb. I think he is happy with his and the only snag was somebody "keyed" it while it was on his drive. Cretins. Enjoy the car Mereside and keep looking in anyway! I think Kev is happy that you have turned to the fatherland as he has benefited from the de-toy but I'll compete with him on eBay if anything fits from the Audi when you flog it eventually!!!

Thanks for that folks,

Not wanting to advertise the fact that the new car is an S3 I have just collected my badges for the hatch. As Baldrick used to say on Blackadder 'I have a cunning plan' My car will be displaying and A3 Badge on the left side and a 2.0 tdi one on the right hand side of the hatch.

This I hope will result in less 'Yoofs' wanting to race at the lights.

I know that Blackadders response to Baldrick is usually along the lines of ' That's about as cunning as a slap across the face with a Dover Sole whilst stood on a soap box with a sign sying 'This man is gong to be hit by a Dover Sole' but its the best I can come up with.

Hopefully people will not expect a 'Snow bird' like me to be in a young mans car. Middle age crisis here I come.

Ooops going off topic here....er quick think of something......

I must say that I bought the Rav a the perfect c ar for work, I have been gently off road and onto buildong site and muddy lanes, all the toys worked well and the sat nav was one of the best. The car has not missed a beat and pet hate of mine, has not had rattles and squeaks although it did have a whining noise at one time that I was worried about, but that stopped when 'er indoors got out. (Only kidding )

It is a car I would whole heartedly reccomend asI would my local dealer.

I'm going now before I change my mind.

Regards

Mereside. :wub:

Thanks for that folks,

Not wanting to advertise the fact that the new car is an S3 I have just collected my badges for the hatch. As Baldrick used to say on Blackadder 'I have a cunning plan' My car will be displaying and A3 badge on the left side and a 2.0 tdi one on the right hand side of the hatch.

I know that Blackadders response to Baldrick is usually along the lines of ' That's about as cunning as a slap across the face with a Dover Sole whilst stood on a soap box with a sign sying 'This man is gong to be hit by a Dover Sole' but its the best I can come up with.

Hopefully people will not expect a 'Snow bird' like me to be in a young mans car. Middle age crisis here I come.

I must say that I bought the Rav a the perfect c ar for work, I have been gently off road and onto buildong site and muddy lanes, all the toys worked well and the sat nav was one of the best. The car has not missed a beat and pet hate of mine, has not had rattles and squeaks although it did have a whining noise at one time that I was worried about, but that stopped when 'er indoors got out. (Only kidding )

Regards

Must concur with Anchorman, in that Mereside's de-toying of Kingo Chip Kit and passing on to me at an excellent fair price has been a great benefit, and I am enjoying the extra "flexibility" it lends to what is, after only two months, one of the most pleasurable cars I have ever owned.

The extra performance is all well and good, but the now well monitored 6 or 7 extra mpg is brill. Now can easily average 37/38, and hope this gets slightly better "with age", as has only covered less than 5500 miles thus far.

Thanks again, Mereside, and your cunning plan is pure dead brilliant.

Regards,

Big Kev. :thumbsup::eek:

Thanks for that folks,

Not wanting to advertise the fact that the new car is an S3 I have just collected my badges for the hatch. As Baldrick used to say on Blackadder 'I have a cunning plan' My car will be displaying and A3 badge on the left side and a 2.0 tdi one on the right hand side of the hatch.

Regards

Must concur with Anchorman, in that Mereside's de-toying of Kingo Chip Kit and passing on to me at an excellent fair price has been a great benefit, and I am enjoying the extra "flexibility" it lends to what is, after only two months, one of the most pleasurable cars I have ever owned.

The extra performance is all well and good, but the now well monitored 6 or 7 extra mpg is brill. Now can easily average 37/38, and hope this gets slightly better "with age", as has only covered less than 5500 miles thus far.

Thanks again, Mereside, and your cunning plan is pure dead brilliant.

Regards,

Big Kev. :thumbsup::eek:

Kev

Why will the fuel consumption get better as you get older???!!! You been on the good stuff again :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links