Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paint Protection

IQ fan

I ordered my black IQ2 yesterday but resisted buying the paint protection at £399 (price negotiable!) I'm now having second thoughts as my car before last was a metallic black Fiesta Ghia that looked fab when freshly washed & polished but soon showed the slightest speck of dirt.

Does anyone have experience of the product I am being offered? I only have a couple of days to decide as the car is due for delivery in 7-10 days.

I ordered my black IQ2 yesterday but resisted buying the paint protection at £399 (price negotiable!) I'm now having second thoughts as my car before last was a metallic black Fiesta Ghia that looked fab when freshly washed & polished but soon showed the slightest speck of dirt.

Does anyone have experience of the product I am being offered? I only have a couple of days to decide as the car is due for delivery in 7-10 days.

Someone elsewhere in this forum has written a good piece about doing it yourself using Carlac 68 and other items. I won't steal his glory. Mainly because I have problems finding it. Maybe he could repost his experience here as a reply.

The paint protection wont stop dirt showing on your car..

Just wax it yourself, paint protection is not a miracle product. You still need to take care of your paintwork.

I didnt purchase it, you can buy ALOT of quality cleaning products for £400

You don't say what you mean by 'paint protection' :huh:

If, as I suspect, you mean Supaguard then DON'T buy it as it is a seriously overpriced product that does not do what it claims :angry:

Get your car home and clean and polish it yourself with a good silicone polish or carnuba wax. As for being black, you won't keep it clean for long so you will have to get used to it showing the dirt very quickly :rolleyes:

However, enjoy the car when you get it :thumbsup:

followed that link and all it tells me is that it is a language used in poland. So i shouted at my car in polish but it would not get any more shiney. Got some strange looks from the polish neighbours! perhaps my accent was off. Can someone tell me where i am going wrong.

Fully agree with Sally, do it yourself, much more rewarding standing back & thinking " I did that".

Best buy ever is a clay bar though for twice a year to really get muck off & back to showroom shine.

Jaine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links