Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1/4 Mile

CorollaTS05

ive heard ric has the best 1/4 mile in a stock ts, just in comparison whats the best time for a stock celica ts and ctr???

Ricc wasn't stock when he hit his fastest. He now has a K&N Typhoon. Before that he was 15 Dead. Now he's 14.77? He also strips his back seats out and runs with petrol light on.

My quickest run is a 15.1, Running with full seats, 3/4 tank of petrol and full washer bottle. Not to mention my 15Kg 18" alloys.... Mods are K&N Typhoon and TTE Backbox.

Some Older shape Tyep-R's were running low 15's and the occasional high 14's, but there aint much in it. The Celica are very similar indeed.

Ricc wasn't stock when he hit his fastest. He now has a K&N Typhoon. Before that he was 15 Dead. Now he's 14.77? He also strips his back seats out and runs with petrol light on.

My quickest run is a 15.1, Running with full seats, 3/4 tank of petrol and full washer bottle. Not to mention my 15Kg 18" Alloys.... Mods are K&N Typhoon and TTE Backbox.

Some Older shape Tyep-R's were running low 15's and the occasional high 14's, but there aint much in it. The Celica are very similar indeed.

Your run was actually really good. Ricc did strip the car out and does have a k&n now but with 18" alloys and full interior 15.1 is a great time. Ireckon loose the alloys drop the petrol to less than half you could see around the 14.9 mark.

Back seats are easily out.

I'll lob them in Riccs house when we next go... and I'll go with some Lightweight 17's and run with my petrol light on. :P

... When I have the funds. lol.

The stock 16s are pretty good aswell in terms of weight. You could buy a summer set after the baby :P

baby recaro seats dont weigh much :P

The 17's I'm looking at are 7.9Kg each. They'll do me. I'll get my 18's refurbed and use when in showy mode. haha.

the older rollas are still quicker :P lol

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

sweet :thumbsup:

There’s no school like the old school :P

I bet it cost more to build than it did t buy ours though. :lol:

In any case.. I certainly wuldn't have a try! xD

Not so sure.

MarcTS has a clutch and lightweiht flywheel and found it harder. :P

Infact.. think he even has a Shotshifter.

I think you will find i let you win that one... :unsure:

:P :lol:

Not so sure.

nah completely different car!! you need to try it... seeing is believing and all that...

my 15.55 was without maintaining lift from 1st to 2nd as i didnt know how to do it as i just got the car...

i fully believe i could go easily under 15s... maybe even challenge the top times... dying to get it on the quarter again and rr

I bet it cost more to build than it did t buy ours though. :lol:

In any case.. I certainly wuldn't have a try! xD

pussy :D

I think you will find i let you win that one... :unsure:

:P :lol:

im game for a rematch next year if you are lol :D

with my MR-92

Not so sure.

nah completely different car!! you need to try it... seeing is believing and all that...

my 15.55 was without maintaining lift from 1st to 2nd as i didnt know how to do it as i just got the car...

i fully believe i could go easily under 15s... maybe even challenge the top times... dying to get it on the quarter again and rr

Seeing what is believing? I've seen MarcTS's runs with those mods and it completely cocks him up!

The revs may pick up quicker but they also drop alot quicker. People who can keep Lift 1st to 2nd in a Normal TS can't in his... Ask Ricc :P

urgh, ''weight this'' and ''weight that'', if your not going to use all the advantages you can get when you do your own runs dont winge at my times.

people are running 200+ bhp (proven) and posted times of 15.1 up to around 15.5. At the same time I posted a 15.0201 with nothing more than removing the rear seats, engine was stock. the power advantage was pretty much equalled by the weight removed. having said that, the seats only weigh around 30/40kg max. theyre really NOT heavy, so on that logic... 30/40kg = 15/20bhp? hell no. please, also note i have tyres that cost around £20 a corner.

ive diven a cts with a light weight flywheel, TRD short shifter etc etc, dont like it, its harder and slower to change gear. ill gladly be proved wrong next year at pod though :)

seriously, id love to see another cts go sub 15. in fact, id love to get beaten by someone.

as for dawesy.... hmmmmmm . lol.

ricc you run a good time, Short shifters do not perform better they will only be of use if you find shifting comfortable with them. What you do need to remember in terms of weight is....compared to a facelift cts...a pre facelift weighs around 1210....a facelift is around 1250kg.

T-sports times are really good aswell considering without a doubt he has heavy wheels.

The flywheel is a hit and miss....im glad i didnt move to one when i did my clutch. I do want one but i think it would suit better on the charged cars where your not to concerned about the revs dropping quicker.

The short shifter will feel harder and slower to you as your are not used to it. everybodys driving ability is different.

also in guestimate! and in general rule counting front wheel drivetrain loss.....lets take t-sports dyno for example....164whp would be roughly 193bhp at the crank. Ricc did you have a dyno? Maybe as standard you have the exact same power but your advantage of weight is making a fair difference. Considering a facelift has a front strut bar, rear brace, side skirts etc. And t-sports car has bigger wheels! with seats in....I reckon if he put the stockies on remove some stuff his times would be near enough the same as yours.

im game for a rematch next year if you are lol :D

with my MR-92

Still want me to go easy on you next year or actually try?? :lol:

itching to get the CTS up to Crail but the weather now is too hit and miss :(. Tyres and there pressures make a big diffrence. 888's do the job well :)

Not so sure.

Seeing what is believing? I've seen MarcTS's runs with those mods and it completely !Removed! him up!

The revs may pick up quicker but they also drop alot quicker. People who can keep Lift 1st to 2nd in a Normal TS can't in his... Ask Ricc :P

strange... each to there own...

i really used to struggle to find 2nd but now it sails in... also changing gears you can keep your foot fully on the throttle...

i'd say its a good second quicker down the 1/4 now...

really need to get it on the rr and get a 1/4 time.... i fully believe i could do a mid 14 now ;)

Coo'.

Get yourself to Pod and find out. :)

i think i'll be going to crail shortly...

my mate has a b16 civic and it beat me down the quarter last time and he got a 15 flat...

now i can just play with him B)

you should do better, word of advice chill for a little while with the clutch let it bed in....then be as mean as you want ;)

you should do better, word of advice chill for a little while with the clutch let it bed in....then be as mean as you want ;)

think i've done about 350 miles on it already... its pretty much bedded now :)

toooo much temptation :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links