Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Checking...

K19NE G

Turning sharp left hand turns brings the nastiest sound I've heard from any car I've owned for a while :lol: and I've put this down to my offside CV joint as it's a rotation/grinding noise which only occurs when turning left. Will the kit in the link below work? I know it may seem obvious from the ad as it's advertised as being for a GXi but I'm unsure about the ABS reference as I've seen an ABS and non-ABS type advertised on eBay...

Cheers! :unsure:

eBay link

Having had a look through the relevant advert on good old fleabay the details are about as clear as mud - no wonder you are confused. Although it does say ABS Ring::0 - again very unclear - what on earth does that mean.

One aspect of their ad does concern me though. They state they don't want emails due to the amount of spam they receive - looks like they ain't very computer savvy. Also there seems to be no Fax number. It looks like they don't want any written communication - I wonder why. Could it be if they send the wrong part your stuffed. Their word against yours. As they claim it is an OEM component you could find out the correct part number from a genuine dealer and then phone the seller to confirm if it corresponds.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware

Having had a look through the relevant advert on good old fleabay the details are about as clear as mud - no wonder you are confused. Although it does say ABS Ring::0 - again very unclear - what on earth does that mean.

One aspect of their ad does concern me though. They state they don't want emails due to the amount of spam they receive - looks like they ain't very computer savvy. Also there seems to be no Fax number. It looks like they don't want any written communication - I wonder why. Could it be if they send the wrong part your stuffed. Their word against yours. As they claim it is an OEM component you could find out the correct part number from a genuine dealer and then phone the seller to confirm if it corresponds.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware

Cheers for the advice! I haven't tested to see if my car has ABS or looked through the handbook for that matter so that doesn't help either!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've had my off-side CV joint replaced and it hasn't cured the problem so a big expensive waste of time!!! :( :angry:

So I'm asking you guys for advice about what else I can check? It only happens when turning left and when putting the accelerator pedal down so the car is under load. I feel a grinding/vibration in the right hand side of the car (in front of the pedals). The garage who did the CV joint said they checked all the bushings and ball joints but I still suspect it could be something like an anti-roll bar bushing, wishbone ball joint or similar?

Please let me know if anyone has a similar noise or problem... ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links