Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pipercross Viper

Kyle1988

Hi, ive just had a viper induction kit fitted to my corolla t sport, and have had TRC, VSC and engine management lights up since.

Have had my car back to place i had it fitted a few times and there eventually contacted pipercross who are saying it just happens on a few cars and theres nothing you can do is that right ?

Hi, ive just had a viper induction kit fitted to my corolla t sport, and have had TRC, VSC and engine management lights up since.

Have had my car back to place i had it fitted a few times and there eventually contacted pipercross who are saying it just happens on a few cars and theres nothing you can do is that right ?

NO

Haha didnt think that was the case, Any ideas what it could be thats causing the fault lights ?

I have been offered a full refund, however id rather keep the kit on if poss

Could be a similar problem to the Typhoon... check all the wires to the MAF Sensor :thumbsup:

If Pipercross admit such a thing then surely you are entitled to your money back as the product is 'not fit for purpose'.... go back to stock if this gives you trouble :huh:

Didn't know you can get this kit for corolla have you seen much power gain? I had this kit on my corsa made massive power gain from it 20bhp was well pleased.

Yeah they have offered a full refund.

I have had a quick look at the wires to the MAF and can't see any damage to then or any that are loose, i will double check again tomorrow to make so there ok.

Didn't know you can get this kit for corolla have you seen much power gain? I had this kit on my corsa made massive power gain from it 20bhp was well pleased.

20!?!?! I find that hard to believe mate, but if you say it did... just an awful lot to get from a bit more air getting in...... :huh:

Wouldnt say i've noticed a huge power gain, does seem to be a bit more aggressive once lift kicks in tho and sounds a bit better to

20!?!?! I find that hard to believe mate, but if you say it did... just an awful lot to get from a bit more air getting in...... :huh:

i agree with the above 20bhp is a huge amount for an air filter a tte supercharger kit only adds approx 40-50 bhp!!!!

corolla tsport 190 bhp.

tsport compressor 225 bhp.

same engine

well guys if you buy a 190(tsport) put an air filter on(20bhp) and you'll only be 15bhp down on a compressor.

No really was dyno tested. Also on my friends civic got big power gains was really strange even I didn't belive this.

No really was dyno tested. Also on my friends civic got big power gains was really strange even I didn't belive this.

haha ok, I still doubt it to be honest, what was in the standard air-box, concrete? :lol:

One member has PC Viper on his and pulled only 186BHP....

All other members had open filter kits and all pulled over 200BHP. I pulled 209 with Typhoon, Norfolk pulled 206 with Apexi, Blutto pulled pulled 206 with Powertec.

Seems the CTS doesn't like the viper.. In any case, the chap who had the viper had no problem with his wanring lights. It's more than likely that they set up the vacuum hoses incorrectly. As K&N had to eventually supply two different sets of instrcutions, as the placements are different on Pre and Facelift models.

Just pull you two 15Amp fuses under your bonnet to reset the ECU. If they come back on afterwards it's more than likely that the hoses are setup incorrectly.

One member has PC Viper on his and pulled only 186BHP....

All other members had open filter kits and all pulled over 200BHP. I pulled 209 with Typhoon, Norfolk pulled 206 with Apexi, Blutto pulled pulled 206 with Powertec.

Seems the CTS doesn't like the viper.. In any case, the chap who had the viper had no problem with his wanring lights. It's more than likely that they set up the vacuum hoses incorrectly. As K&N had to eventually supply two different sets of instrcutions, as the placements are different on Pre and Facelift models.

Just pull you two 15Amp fuses under your bonnet to reset the ECU. If they come back on afterwards it's more than likely that the hoses are setup incorrectly.

I tryed pulling both the fuses out and the light's just came back on after 40 mile or so, You woulnd't happen to have any pictures on how the hoses are supposed to be set up do you? I have the facelift model of the t sport.

Search google for the Facelift K&N Instructions, I believe it's pretty similar. You should find a PDF you can download.

I think it may even be on K&N's site...

Search google for the Facelift K&N Instructions, I believe it's pretty similar. You should find a PDF you can download.

I think it may even be on K&N's site...

I'll Have a look thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links