Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Winch?

rambler

hi folks

i know this is a sketchy topic,but does anybody know where i could source a light duty front winch from?

my plan would be to buy another front towing eye and bolt it to the other side chassis mounting point,than possibly have a 'frame' almost like an 'A' bar coming forward to mount a small winch on.

all it would have to do is pull my rav out of the mud here and there.and seeing rav's are farely light i believe

it might work.........

or can anybody send me a link to any pics to do with this?

rambler

hi folks

i know this is a sketchy topic,but does anybody know where i could source a light duty front winch from?

my plan would be to buy another front towing eye and bolt it to the other side chassis mounting point,than possibly have a 'frame' almost like an 'A' bar coming forward to mount a small winch on.

all it would have to do is pull my rav out of the mud here and there.and seeing rav's are farely light i believe

it might work.........

or can anybody send me a link to any pics to do with this?

rambler

I dont know if this is exactly what your looking for but if I want info on anything I simply Google it, So i googled "light duty winch" + amongst hundreds of others it came up with (the winch shop) link HERE seem to have all sorts of winches from around £60 as for fitting to the front of your Rav I can't help much with that...Stew

The obvious answer (which I will have to whisper) is have a look at some of the LR stuff (or possibly Landcruiser).

Just be mindful of up coming MOT requirements (Having said that, by googling, I've not found anything more recent than dated 2007-ish that says it will definitely be in the MOT in 2010):

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...st&p=702308

Winch bumpers might be OK.

Here's a picture for you Rambs........

This Goldfinch was in our front bedroom yesterday and I'm sure one would fit on the front of your RAV but I don't really know..........

oh, wait....... I thought you said finch.

IMG_1993.jpg

I suppose that simply, the front eye to use to haul your RAV along is strong enough to be used - and as you say using the other leg as a second point of anchorage is ok. The pulling stress will depend whether you're pulling out of thick mud etc. Just be careful because the front bracket around the radiator is not that strong, so the frame you put in will need to get most of its rigidity from what is the front bullbar mounts (or where they used to be)

I'd also look on rav4world on the 4.2 section as folk in other parts of the world tend to use winches more. The bulk of the info I got for my RAV conversions came from Aussieland

This Goldfinch was in our front bedroom yesterday and I'm sure one would fit on the front of your RAV but I don't really know..........

Can't keep the birds out of your bedroom eh? They are after your seed!

I can't just imagine where you would find anything strong enough to fasten it to. You would have to either cut an enormous part of you front bumper away or have a fairly elaborate bracket fabricated.

I can see abig job there.

• 11 years later...

RNOFIT makes a winch bumper for the RAV4 

RNOFIT makes a RAV4 winch bumper

The topic is 12 years old - the OP has possibly sourced one.

I bumped a post from 2018 and bought the item listed - you never know 😂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links