Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Cos.t Toyota Offering Special Deal

Lucie

would like peoples advice/opinion as to the service deal ive been offered in comparison to the normal price of the service.

next two years of servicing (next servie is a 2nd year one) for £194 offering o% finance aswell. whats the price of a standard 2nd year service?

That sounds like a very good price but it all depends on what is included for that price. How many services etc.

My first 10k service came in just under £150 with the 20k service at £180 so £194 for 2 services (assuming 1/year) looks attractive. When I originally bought the car I did get a price for a 5 years service plan (max. 5 services). From memory that was around £1100 (0% finance was available).

If the third year service includes the cost of an MOT then you cannot go wrong with that price!

no it doesnt include the mot. its basically covers my next service in march which will be the 2nd year service and its 3rd year service the year after. i emailed them yesterday asking for a quote for a service. the quoted me £122 for the first year and £188 for the second year service. is that a standard price across toyota? if so this seems to be a pretty good deal do u knowwhat they charge for an MOT. will they try and screw me over on that price in order to make some money back. i presume u can get it mot anywhere. and it doesnt have to be done with the service?

no it doesnt include the mot. its basically covers my next service in march which will be the 2nd year service and its 3rd year service the year after. i emailed them yesterday asking for a quote for a service. the quoted me £122 for the first year and £188 for the second year service. is that a standard price across toyota? if so this seems to be a pretty good deal do u knowwhat they charge for an MOT. will they try and screw me over on that price in order to make some money back. i presume u can get it mot anywhere. and it doesnt have to be done with the service?

I think you have a very good deal there and the prices you've been qouted seem about right for servicing costs in the Yorkshire region (labour rates vary from not only regionally but also between dealerships), the fee for a MOT should not cost more than £55 and if it fails on anything other than tyres, bulbs, wipers etc then the 3 year warranty should cover the cost, so in a nutshell i can't see you getting ripped off, it's a win win situation!

It will require an MOT at the third year but you do not have to get it done by the same garage that services it.

However,It does make sense to get the MOT done by the servicing dealer as the car will be covered by warranty for any major parts required for the MOT

Standard MOT charge is currently £54, but many third party service centres offer discounts of up to 50% off that.

My wifes first service on her 2008 D4D was £90 at Pentagon Sheffield, they had just reduced their servicing costs. It'll be due it's second service in around 7 weeks but not sure what price yet.

thanks for your imput everyone. i did the deal with the garage as it was to good to turn down. it was £134 for 2 services and o% intrest paying it monthly over the next 6 months.so it will be paid off in june yet i wont be having another service till the following march. so u will feel like you arent spending anything by the time march comes around. they seem to be doing the deal for all models that are at least a year old.i guess they prefer to know they are getting the work for the next couple of years even it means losing abit of £ on the way.

Sounds an awful lot like the service plans Toyota are offering anyway? Not sure what that 0% Finance crap is all about though? It's not like you're taking a loan or anything? :S

sorry i ment u can pay it off by direct debit monthly instead of all in one go with no added intrest.

Sounds an awful lot like the service plans Toyota are offering anyway?

i preume thats what it is. they are doing it for all models from what i saw when i went in. its just a good deal so wondered what the catch was.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links