Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Oil?

jonnnnnnnnnnnno

Well i need to change my oil due to not know what was in there before i got the car and has only just reached needing a top up.

what oils are you using?

whats the best?

and where is the drain plug?

Thanks Jonno

um not sure about ur model . my t sport uses 5w-30 semi . :thumbsup:

I think most modern petrol Toyotas are now 5w - 30, but its in your handbook anyways.

I'm using 0w - 40 at the moment in my t sport, but im finding it too thin (loosing a little oil) so i'm switching back to 5w- 30 fully synthetic soon, probably Castrol magnatec :)

Well i need to change my oil due to not know what was in there before i got the car and has only just reached needing a top up.

what oils are you using?

whats the best?

Thanks Jonno

That money still burning a hole in your pocket? looks like you just have to go and spend it on something :lol:

i think the manual recommends 5w30, but alot of people find it too thin for 1.4 and so use 10w40,

Enquired about this at my local Toyota dealers the other day and was told they use the 10w 40.

Is this right for a T Sport as manual says 5w 30.

I think most modern petrol Toyotas are now 5w - 30, but its in your handbook anyways.

I'm using 0w - 40 at the moment in my t sport, but im finding it too thin (loosing a little oil) so i'm switching back to 5w- 30 fully synthetic soon, probably Castrol magnatec :)

exactly what i found with 0w-40 it drinks the stuff. 5w-30 is much better.

i think the manual recommends 5w30, but alot of people find it too thin for 1.4 and so use 10w40,

Enquired about this at my local Toyota dealers the other day and was told they use the 10w 40.

Is this right for a T Sport as manual says 5w 30.

toyota just seem to use 10w40 for everything, they would just have a big 500 gallon tank of 10w40 to do both diesel and petrol, its a good oil thats covers their behind (as i cant use the other word), for a t-sport i would probably spend the extra on the 5w30, you might just get that bit extra poke out of her, mind you iav a drity diesel !!!

Don't have too much trouble with my 0W40.. doesn't seem to drink anyway.

what oils are you using?

whats the best?

Thanks Jonno

That money still burning a hole in your pocket? looks like you just have to go and spend it on something :lol:

lol yeah sure but it's low and don't really want to mess up my joy :-)

10w 40 is a common oil and would be safe to use in any car thats why most people use it..

I would recommend 5w30 esther synthetic and change it regularly...maintenance is a big part of your running right aswell as performance

If in doubt contact Opie Oils and ask them they will give you the best grade to be used and have a range of products/prices.

If you type your reg in at Castrol's site they tell you whats their best oil for you car;

Castrol

They also give you alternative grades suitable.

what oils are you using?

whats the best?

Thanks Jonno

5w30 fully synthetic.................................ALL THE WAY. Always used it & never had to top it up.

look under stickies there is a procedure on how to do it. its a 14mm hex bolt that needs to be done. you will have to replace the gasket on it to be on the safe side. they either come with the filter or you can buy em separately.

what oils are you using?

whats the best?

Thanks Jonno

5w30 fully synthetic.................................ALL THE WAY. Always used it & never had to top it up.

look under stickies there is a procedure on how to do it. its a 14mm hex bolt that needs to be done. you will have to replace the gasket on it to be on the safe side. they either come with the filter or you can buy em separately.

Yeah i found it just after i posted this topic lol my bad thanks guys!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links