Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drums To Disc Conversion

NosydneW

Does anyone knows if the rear starlet gt EP82 axle including brake discs will fit a normal EP91 starlet sr ??

I want to make the drum to disc conversion but don´t know it will fit if I buy a complete gt axle.

What are the thing I would have to do,.. ?

DO I need anything else but the complete axle ?

Hello Wendyson,

How are you?

In answer to your question....

Yes the Rear beam from an EP82 rear beam will fit an EP91. I've already got one but not fitted it yet.

You will need the full rear beam, which needs to include:

brake pipes

handbrake cables etc

I picked mine up for £100 GBP. Which I din't think was too bad

Hope this helps

Nath :thumbsup:

alright nath... where did u get yours from mate?

I got it froma guy that does Starlet parts in Wales.

If I remember rightly, I got it delivered and everything for £100

could u hook me up with this geeza?

Geocool69,

I'll get you the telephone number when I get home from work!!

I'll have a look for the reciept, cos thats got all the important information on!! Like the price and their website address :hokus-pokus:

Nath

Ok nath,..if you have contact with him can you help me out finding a complete conversion set?

Wendyson,

No probs mate. I will ring him and see what I can sort out!!

Went to Fensport yesterday to look at a front cut :eek:

Thought they had some Glanza V front cuts, but the were all EP82s :crybaby:

Not buying though til after me & Alex get married in September.

Then the boys at Fensport are going to find me a mint late spec Glanza V front cut :drool: . Then I will be able to do a full Glanza V front end conversion with lights bonnet & everything :wacko:

Looked at a Blitz FMI while I was there, was well nice :thumbsup:

Nath :D

What do you think of this?

You've told me the rear axle would fit my ep91 sr,.....so that's sorted ,..gotta find one tho !!

But Then I would like to improve my front brakes too,..I assume I could use the ep82 front caliper, discs and everything so I can have gt front brakes. Would they fit and work?

Is it then still possible to buy koni dampers then? I thought the koni dampers were specific ep91,..so if I got ep82 brakes I would have to buy ep82 dampers ??????

correct me if I'm wrong :(

Hi mate, well i'm 95% sure that the front brakes on a sr are the same as a Glanza as they use the same brake pads. I own a Glanza and when i ordered new pads from toyota they said that they were the same and had them on the shelf at the dealer i'm also pretty sure the discs are the same too.

If you have this setup then what i suggest is to buy a set of Pagid pads, 3G discs, braided hoses and change the brake fluid to some decent quality stuff.

Also yes the Konis will fit.

Hope this helps

Simon :thumbsup:

Saved me some money,...If the starlet sr has the same front brakes as the Glanza,...I will buy the things you said. Then the only thing missing is the ep82 rear axle to do the conversion.

And If the koni's won't be a problem to fit on this setup I go whit my next question. :unsure:

Those koni shockabsorbers....Can I put some coilovers on them ? To lower my car more than 40mm ?

Coilovers can lower from 0" to 4" so ..will they fit on koni dampers??

If you wan't to go lower that 40mm then i would look at a propper set of coilovers mate not the ones that fit ya shox as the koni were designed to work with springs upto a 40mm drop. Brownster mentioned Hotbits the other day he said they were a German company and he got his coilovers from them.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links