Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Alpha Won At Auction

ToyotaAurisHybrid

Hi all,

After years away, I'm pleased to be returning to the Toyota Hybrid scene. We secured a 2011 Prius Alpha S-Touring in red at auction in Japan on Friday. 108,000km on the clock and grade 4B, with Bilstein suspension added. Just the 3 months or so to wait for it to arrive now.

001.jpg

003.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ToyotaAurisHybrid said:

Hi all,

After years away, I'm pleased to be returning to the Toyota Hybrid scene. We secured a 2011 Prius Alpha S-Touring in red at auction in Japan on Friday. 108,000km on the clock and grade 4B, with Bilstein suspension added. Just the 3 months or so to wait for it to arrive now.

001.jpg

003.jpg

Nice, it's a shame this isn't an official UK model. What's the si with spares and service?

2 hours ago, Saxmaniac said:

Nice, it's a shame this isn't an official UK model. What's the si with spares and service?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'SI'.

In essence they are the same car, so spares and servicing will be as for UK cars. I've owned many Japanese imports, different makes and models, over the years and never had a problem with servicing or parts, or insurance for that matter.

Si was meant to say situation! I always thought the Aqua was a useful motor, much better load space in the back than the Yaris 

19 minutes ago, Saxmaniac said:

Si was meant to say situation! I always thought the Aqua was a useful motor, much better load space in the back than the Yaris 

No worries.....and it is an Prius Alpha (called the Prius plus in UK), not the much smaller Aqua that was never released under a different name in the UK 🙂

• Like 1

Ah, we live and learn!

• Like 1

It's a great car. Is that version also a seven seater?

• Like 1

These aren’t seven seaters but 5 as far as I remember. The benefit over eu 7 seat version is rear bench seat that is much more comfortable for passengers than the 3 independent seats of the eu/uk versions. 👍 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

These aren’t seven seaters but 5 as far as I remember. The benefit over eu 7 seat version is rear bench seat that is much more comfortable for passengers than the 3 independent seats of the eu/uk versions. 👍 

You can get 5 or 7 seat versions.....ours is the 5 👍

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 5:52 PM, APS said:

It's a great car. Is that version also a seven seater?

This one is a 5 seat version, but you can get the 7 seat version in Japan too

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm sorry to say that the purchase has fallen through in Japan. The seller didn't provide the necessary documentation to the auction house within 7 days, so the sale is unable to proceed. Full refund on its way. 

A real shame as the car was as good as you could ever hope to find.

• Sad 1

So to hear that happened. Hopefully you get your money back soon and can buy another car. Would you share the auction side with us to look for cars ourselves, not that I will buy any but just out of interest what is up for sale from Japan. 
Thanks 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 1:42 PM, TonyHSD said:

So to hear that happened. Hopefully you get your money back soon and can buy another car. Would you share the auction side with us to look for cars ourselves, not that I will buy any but just out of interest what is up for sale from Japan. 
Thanks 

The company I use in Japan to get access to the big auctions (USS) in Japan is Carused.jp - this is a service you can only access after you have paid them a fully refundable deposit.

You can get access to the smaller (non-USS) auction stock by registering with any number of importing companies here in the UK. An example of one is Club Japan Imports - Import Cars From Japan

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ToyotaAurisHybrid said:

The company I use in Japan to get access to the big auctions (USS) in Japan is Carused.jp - this is a service you can only access after you have paid them a fully refundable deposit.

You can get access to the smaller (non-USS) auction stock by registering with any number of importing companies here in the UK. An example of one is Club Japan Imports - Import Cars From Japan

Thank you. 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links