Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Tsport - T3 Gone, Got My Tsport

kintung01

this is it, got my tsport finally. bought it from a toyota dealer nearly Edinburg. And drive it all the way back to Bath. The car looks shiny when i bought it, but after more that a weeks of raining, now it is-->>

when i bought the car, the salesman told me this tsport is lowered than the prefacelift model by 30mm. But as far as i know it is lowered by 15mm only, therefore it could be the salesman got it wrong or the car has been really lowered with the springs. anyhow the car handle beautifully rounds the corner, and not much body roll.

20091201089.jpg

20091205093.jpg

the car looks like lowered from distance

20091201091.jpg

20091122087.jpg

2mq3lll.jpg

290zk43.jpg

20091205092.jpg

my Weapon R induction kit!!

20090201904.jpg

dont know when i will install it on to the car, because of the insurance and the engine warming which many people have problems with after installed

next thing on my list

- Tinted window

- HID kit headlight and fog light (plx advice which one i need to get H?? and any goods HID kit recommand (reasonable price and doesnot have the problem of one light is brighter than the other - command on some unreliable HID kit)

- Manifold and exhaust in summer

the car done around 37500 when i bought it

anyway in the last 2 weeks Edinburg back to Bath (around 500 miles if i remember correctly), Bath to reading (return), Bath to London (return), Bath to Newport - wales (return), Bath to North of Brimingham to get my alloys (return)

the car is approaching 40000miles now :(

Really nice dude :D

I could get a set of them wheels a friend i know is selling them for 300bucks but i don't have the money atm grrr!!

Nice car mate, personally I think the petrol thing is way over rated, I use Tesco normal unleaded and never had a problem my lift kicks in ok.

As for petrol i can't remember where i had seen this but had been proven that Tesco lasts longer and Vpower hasn't got any advantages.

was it you driving your uncles or him?

Looking at ur pic ur car is still on standard springs and u havnt got a short shift.

As for petrol i can't remember where i had seen this but had been proven that Tesco lasts longer and Vpower hasn't got any advantages.

was it you driving your uncles or him?

he is driving and me and my brother are the passanger,

everytime i push the car and let the vvtli kick it, i will ask my brother and my gf is the car accelating fast and push back, they said only very slightly push back.

i just feel like the engine is not working on its full potential. should be faster and more powerful

Looking at ur pic ur car is still on standard springs and u havnt got a short shift.

o,

for the wheels nuts, do i need to get some extra narrow one, also long or extra i should get??

just a word of warning. when your driving around in bath, don't sit on the hills on the clutch. The corolla clutch is weak and bath will totally eat it! I know I used to live there!

just a word of warning. when your driving around in bath, don't sit on the hills on the clutch. The corolla clutch is weak and bath will totally eat it! I know I used to live there!

ha, totally understand, espescially around 4 oclock , kids finish schools, stuck at the middle of the hill by the car park at the side. :angry:

Congrats on the purchase mate, you should have some fun with that me thinks! :yes:

It will look very nice with those rims on it and the induction kit looks mean! I do like graphite/black.

Enjoy your new car! :D

this is it, got my tsport finally. bought it from a toyota dealer nearly Edinburg. And drive it all the way back to Bath. The car looks shiny when i bought it, but after more that a weeks of raining, now it is-->>

when i bought the car, the salesman told me this tsport is lowered than the prefacelift model by 30mm. But as far as i know it is lowered by 15mm only, therefore it could be the salesman got it wrong or the car has been really lowered with the springs. anyhow the car handle beautifully rounds the corner, and not much body roll.

the gear shift is different to my old t3, so is the car been installed a quick shift??

also when the vvtli kicks in, it doesn't push my back as much as i experience when sit in my uncle tsport. is it because i havent use shell v power, or do i need to reset the computer of the car??

20091201089.jpg

20091205093.jpg

the car looks like lowered from distance

20091201091.jpg

20091122087.jpg

2mq3lll.jpg

290zk43.jpg

20091205092.jpg

bought a set of second hand rota torque 17", for the wheel nuts, do i need to get extra thin one, is it aftermarket wheel nuts will do?

the hole seems to be very small, also what is the diameter for our tspor, 1.5 or 1.25??

problems with the car, check strap is been bended need to repair, quote from Mr T 103 for the parts and labour cost. :huh: it seems to be a easy job, just need to remove the bolt and replace the new one. Anyway, i am not sure how to remove the door pannel

secondly, the engine is getting noiser (sounds like starting a disel car)and vibrate more strongly when the car is idle. i think is coming the motor that link all the belt and the pulley (dont knw wt its called). I only push the vvtli for 3 times since i bought the car, that noise deter me to push it anymore, i dont want to it wosier.

my car is cover with 1 year toyota extented warranty, so please advice me what could be the cause of the noise and problem.

my Weapon R induction kit!!

20090201904.jpg

dont know when i will install it on to the car, because of the insurance and the engine warming which many people have problems with after installed

next thing on my list

- Tinted window

- HID kit headlight and fog light (plx advice which one i need to get H?? and any goods HID kit recommand (reasonable price and doesnot have the problem of one light is brighter than the other - command on some unreliable HID kit)

- Manifold and exhaust in summer

The door check strap is a 15 min job max and couldnt be easier.

Just remove door panel,

one screw behind door handle and other in the hole below the window switches,

then pull the door card off, its held on by some clips and wiggle it out.

Then remove the two 10mm nuts that hold the check strap onto the door then the 10mm bolt that secures it to the body.

Then just do everything in reverse to build it back up.

I had to do this myself as evertime you put the window down when the doors was shut, the glass would hit the check strap.

It looks like its had a new one but not a genuine one. Solution = put it in a vice and bend it lol :P .

Hope this helps

Matt

Just throwing a quick reply in here.

Is the vibrating not the heatshield at the back of the motor? Mine's started to rattle more frequently now. And I believe other members have had the same problem before.

The HID's you have to go for are H7 fitment. Dipped and Mains. :thumbsup:

thanks for the advice , i will try to change the check strap by myself and save 50 pounds of labour cost.

Just throwing a quick reply in here.

Is the vibrating not the heatshield at the back of the motor? Mine's started to rattle more frequently now. And I believe other members have had the same problem before.

The HID's you have to go for are H7 fitment. Dipped and Mains. :thumbsup:

i will check tomorrow morning, is it due to the weather - cold, rain??? is it possible to fix it?

You can just bend it back a bit so it's not hitting anymore. :) Unsure whether the coldness will make it contract, seems logical enough I suppose as it'll expand with heat... hehe

Think Ebay may sell 'em. They're made for the American version. The XRS.

are they any good do you know?

can't find any weapon stuff on ebay though

yeah i think is call corolla XRS in US, they do manifold for tsport as well

• 2 months later...

just saw others member car lowered with tte springs and the height of the ride is similar to my one, wondering my car have been lowered or not??

as i just bought a set of tte springs last weekend.......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links