Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Think I've Used To Much Anti Freeze

Saj

I think I've put too much anti freeze in my car, i poured 4 liters into the radiator top up reservoir.

After feeling good that I did it all before Sunday lunch, I then read the label back of the 5 letter bottle :crybaby: which said i should use 50% ratio water to antifreeze.

So how much antifreeze should I have used on my Avensis 2001 2.0 D4d?

Post August 2000 Avensis coolant capacity

Manual 5.7l

Auto 6.2l

So complete refilling would require half of the above. Usually you would have antifreeze in the system all year around and only rarely need to top up with 50% antifreeze / water to the line on the expansion bottle.

T

The total capacity for the coolant system on your car is 7 litres, so you'd need half of that to end up with a 50/50 mix. However that's assuming the system didn't already have anti freeze already in it. If you had drained the system and then added 4 litres of anti freeze and about 3 litres of water then I wouldn't worry about it. However if you already had some sort of anti freeze mix in the system and you topped it up with 4 litres of anti freeze then I'd say it might be a bit strong.

Anti freeze works ok down to about 25% strength in this country so it's not too much of an exact science. If you think it's a bit strong then drain a litre and a half or so out and replace with water.

The proper Toyota coolant is already pre-mixed and you just fill it up, what did you use?

Kingo :thumbsup:

The proper Toyota coolant is already pre-mixed and you just fill it up....

I did not know that :huh:

So that means it should be just about half the price of normal anti-freeze as sold on the high street.... get my drift :yes:

John.... go on tell me that it is cheap, please tell me it is cheap :unsure: If not then why would I want to pay a high price for something that already contains 50% water ;) :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links