Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camcon Ecu? What Is It?

ljcni99

is it worth looking into? make much difference to the overall gain of the car?

ah bridges you were right i was actually outside in the freezing weather putting a few things back as i have to go for a mission with kangzy tomorow so need to ensure all is bolted up on the car.

Back to the camcon, its a piggy back which basically hooks up to your standard ecu and lets you make mild adjustments to VVT and Air Fuel

Camcon does not allow you to set when you want lift to kick in. It is quite a basic tool and potential for gains really vary depending on how well the system is mapped.

When i mean basic the downside to the camcon is it will only adjust vvt and air fuel in 500rpm increments which when tuning is really broad in terms of adjusting the fuelling and retarding the cams........Because the camcon cannot do this every 100rpm it makes it quite difficult to tune it for the best possible gains.

I cant tell you exact how much BHP the unit will make when tuned but there are ways to go about it and it also depends on what other enhancements you have.

In general most people who use camcons smooth out the power dip between 4-6k rpm. This can sometimes lose you power at the top, In general i have seen various dyno graphs which some show an improvement of up to 8bhp peak power but some also loosing power. Eithey way the dyno graphs showed that the mid range has improved regardless of losing peak power or making peak power.

If you want something simple and a tiny bit more poke buy it. But there around £300........tuning is not cheap i was going to look into a wideband and do the best i can on the driveway but im thinking maybe sell it and go for a power fc. ATM im in no position to do either, I fitted this to t-sport786 car and put the jdm runx base setting into his...It responded well in terms of power but without the equipment of widebands and a obvious dyno you cannot tell. Its a good sytem to mess around with to get a few hp. i paid £150 for mine i wouldnt pay more than £200 though as aem also make a good unit for our car now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links