Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaving Car For A Month

Theorist

Disconnect and remove the Battery so it doesn't leak, and just be gentle with the engine when you start it back up.

I can't think of anything else.

leaving my car stationary for a month . anything i need to do?

Make sure the tyres are pumped up correctly, get a car cover and get someone to start it once a week :thumbsup:

leaving my car stationary for a month . anything i need to do?

Yeah, make sure you lock it ;)

I left mine sat on the driveway for 5 weeks last december/january. When I got back into the country she started up 1st time. Absolutely bulletproof!

Id make sure the tyres are fully inflated, not sure if a month is enough for one to slowly go down, but its easier to inflate before rather than after.

Take it to a car wash before hand, don't park it under a tree or where it will get sprayed with grit.

Also might be best to leave the hand brake off with it in gear and a piece of wood behind the wheel if on a hill

and remove any stuff that might get nicked from inside!!

Most of these are over cautious but i'm bored, so might aswell

I leave mine for weeks at a timne (as she is just a weekend car) i do nothing but put a car cover on her. But when i start it i do leave it running for 10 min before taking it for a warm up drive especially in this weather

Iv mine parked up for the last 5 months. I just get the ole man to start it every couple of weeks. Move it in and out of the drive to keep the rust of the discs.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links