Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Running Engine

supernatural_gal

My mum's Yaris has been sitting on the drive since 14th December when the insurance ran out. She hasnt been able to renew the insurance yet for reasons I wont go into, but she was just wondering should the engine be run every so often while its off the road? I ran it last Friday for a few minutes but is this really necessary? It started first time by the way!

I would run it a few days a week tbh esp in this cold weather.

Fire it up, let it get up to temp, (ie let the blue indicator go out) and run it for 10-15 mins every 2-3 days or something.

This will prevent the Battery from going flat and will also keep the engine internals lubricated and keep the fuel going through ok.

If it's going to be laid up for a while, it might be wise to take the Battery off and keep it somewhere warm so it won't lose charge. :)

Hi Raeman,

Thanks for the advice, will give it a go and hope we can get insurance sorted after Christmas.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links