Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Light Tip...

AYGOgummy

As the Aygo doesn't come with a boot light, a great way to overcome the fact that there is no light is to buy one of those clever 'push-on' LED lights. No wiring needed, they're relatively cheap (range from £3 - £10) and give off a very good light, just need some AA batteries (or sometimes AAA). You just mount them somewhere decent in the boot (backs of the rear seats for example), and push it on when you're looking for something in your boot. I've seen Philips ones that also turn themselves off after 15 seconds for convenience. I use my LED in the boot a lot, as considering the Aygo has a small boot, it seems even darker if you're trying to get something out at night. Magnetic ones are also available. You can pick them up anywhere from Tesco to Homebase to Ikea. Some of you probably already have these installed, but just a tip I thought I'd share :)

That is an excellent idea and such a cheap solution!!! Thanks for sharing, I just wish I thought of it earlier now, as Iv placed an order for a new yaris :D I'd hope that comes with a boot light lol.

yep, tis a great idea, I'd already fitted two of the timer ones to the boot of our Aygo black when we got it a couple of months ago as a solution to the dark boot - so great minds must think alike!! ;)

Lidl have 3 of these for £3.99 from 11/01/10.

Thats actually quite ingenious :)

Never occured to me!

Morrisons - £2 including batteries for a 20ish LED cluster light and it has a magnet on the back so is easy to mount!

you can also get motion sensor ones, its what I put in my boot. There really good, they only light up when something with heat passes past it, like your hand for example, meaning it doesn't go off when you have something rolling around in the boot :)

I got mine from Amazon for about a fiver

didnt know you could get motion sensor ones & timer ones!

..i have also got just a "push-on" one with some velcro on the back...very handy for those dark areas when your trying to find something

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links