Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question About The Interior Lights....

Ikelos

Hi All.

I might have read it all wrong, :( but it says in the book that you can get the interior lights to go on when you have the key with you and you get near the car (page 360) I can only get them to come on when I open the door, have I lost the plot.

thanks

If you just have to touch the door to open the car (ie no blip) then I'd imagine that the lights come on some time around when you open to the door?

In either instance make sure the light switch is not set to off (small but important point :D )

Hi, I have put the switches in the right position, I think, and when I open the door the lights come on, I read as when you get near the car, with the key, that the lights come on so you can see if there are any undesirables in the back. :unsure:

Hi on my Gen 3 T Spirit the interior light comes on about 1 second before you touch the door handle I have

not set it to do this it I first thought it was my imagination nice to know I am not going mad.

so I have read it right :)

just got to get mine to do the same................. :crybaby:

so I have read it right :)

just got to get mine to do the same................. :crybaby:

Does the Gen 3 Owners Manual have a Customization chapter? i.e. a list of customization settings that only the dealer can change such as the reverse beep with their Intelligent tester (laptop?).

as far as the lights thingy is concerned, the book reads that it just does it, the bit about the reversing beeps, I took the car in a few weeks ago and ask them to make it one beep, which they did in a couple of minutes.

at the moment can not get the lights to come on, only when I open a door..............

Hi All.

I might have read it all wrong, :( but it says in the book that you can get the interior lights to go on when you have the key with you and you get near the car (page 360) I can only get them to come on when I open the door, have I lost the plot.

thanks

hi ikelos the info is correct, all you have to do is approach the car without touching the door handle and the interior lights should come on if they are set to the door position.

hope tis helps.

morning all.

I can not get it to work, been out there again this morning messing with it...............................no luck. :(

one last thing. on page 360 it mentions "POWER" switch mode" has that got any thing to do with it, I can not see the tie-up.....................

thanks

Hi have you tried it at night in the dark it may have a sensor on it

Ian, good point, car is in the garage, in the dark, still no joy.................................

hi ikelos the info is correct, all you have to do is approach the car without touching the door handle and the interior lights should come on if they are set to the door position.

hope tis helps.

Same here :thumbsup:

Hi just tried interior light in dark it seems to be on a sensor as it came on when I was a metre from car

but it did not come on earlier when in garage but still light

Hi just tried interior light in dark it seems to be on a sensor as it came on when I was a metre from car

but it did not come on earlier when in garage but still light

With my T3, the interior lights come on when about 1 metre from the car (as long as I have the key fob on me!!) but only when it is dark. The Prius does have a light sensor. It is the blob that sticks up out of the dash on the left hand side. When it is dark, the dash display automatically dims too (when you have got the lights on).

so I guess the next move will be, go out find the "blob" and cover it up, it might then think it is dark, cos I can not get the lights to come on, has it become an obsession?? :unsure:

You have probably got many of us walking up to our cars to to check.

In the dark, here is what happens to me.

Interior light switch in middle position.

Car left alone but NOT locked, no lights come on.

Car locked, lights come on as long as it's about 15 seconds after it has been locked and the dashboard indicator has started flashing.

No need to touch the door handle.

this is going on and on, read the post and thought, thats it, the car is not locked, so went out and locked it, still no joy, now :angry: I wonder if it is dark enough, so now we wait for tonight and try again..

Sorry to add even more confusion, but my lights also come on in the daytime as you approach the car and before you touch the door handle.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: just been out there, went near the car and the lights came on....thanks all :thumbsup:

after I locked it this morning I could not have given it long enough, and to add to my confusion, I read it that it would work with the doors unlocked. :crybaby:

so we can finally put this topic to rest :yawn:

thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links