Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Used Landcruiser Buying Advice Needed

LCNewb

I'm looking to buy an inexpensive used Landcruiser (<$6k) for use as a second vehicle (3-4k miles/yr). In that price range - I'm mainly looking at 1990-1996 and with mileage in the 125k-250k range.

Are there any important differences - particularly in reliablility - in that range of years (for example does '94-95 have a better transmission than '92-93). Any reason why I would be better off with one year over another?

In that mileage (125-250k) range, what are some major services that am I looking at and roughly what might they cost? Are there any key things that I should make sure have been done? How would you compare the maintenance/repair costs compared to a 4Runner or more traditional SUV?

Any other key things to look at when checking out a used Landcruiser?

Would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

All depends on what series Landcruiser your looking at, but would think that for that price range you will be after either a 90 series Colorado or an 80 Series, parts for any are expensive from main dealers, but the LC does not have any major problems so you wont need as many bits, so let us know which model your after.

Owned a 2000 Colorado LWB for 7 years. Slightly newer model possibly, but bought at 40k miles and now has 140k on it.

Only replacements out of the ordinary it has needed have been rear light clusters (the electrics are exposed and corrode

out) and two rear shocks (after a particularly lumpy off road journey broke one of them). Both relatively inexpensive.

Otherwise has been an excellent all round vehicle, both for family and off road. Apart from when the garage forgot to

refill the radiator after a timing belt change, but that's another story!

All depends on what series Landcruiser your looking at, but would think that for that price range you will be after either a 90 series Colorado or an 80 Series, parts for any are expensive from main dealers, but the LC does not have any major problems so you wont need as many bits, so let us know which model your after.

Thanks for the info - you are correct I would be looking for a 90 Series Landcruiser. Any more thoughts you have would be appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links