Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My First Toyota

richha

Having just joined this select group of club members, I read with interest the forum comments on niggly problems with the Auris or is it all Toyotas? Having been driving for some 50 years and owned quite a few Volkswagens, Peugeot and Honda I am quite aware that all these cars have more than niggly problems. Dare I say it, Volkswagen is quite shameful in what they expect the owner to put up with. Sorry I digress!

I have bought this Auris 2 litre D4D from my local agent. Of course, you get the usual blurb - this is a fantastic car, one owner, carefully looked after - a really good buy. :unsure: I must admit, the car seems well built, solid, handles well and the gear box is smooth and though the engine has its characteristic, friendly tones all seems well. On having another look throught the paperwork last night, I found a comment on the back of a service folder - "customer no longer wants this vehicle. Sales trying to find an alternative". I have learnt this morning that the car has been in and out of the garage with a dashboard rattle. The owner's comments - it was in the dealer's workshop more than it was in my own garage! There also appears to be a problem with engine oil usage. Thought the previous owner was frustrated and angry at the car I now own, it didn't stop him from buying the identical model as a replacement.

Are Toyota the lesser of the evils or are we all striving to find that vehicle that satisfies our love affair with cars?

not really heard of excessive oil consumption on the diesel TBH and dash rattles are a more personal matter, some hear them some dont.

TBH in the modern world what exited us about cars has been lost by increasing financial and environmental goals

First of all it is hard to believe how stupid they were leaving that comment where you could read it.

Secondly it is not that uncommon for people to demand a change of vehicle.The dealer makes it as hard as possible and usually only caves in when it costs the customer a fortune.

Your car is probably perfectly fine just keep an eye on the oil consumption and remember you have a warranty.

Sometimes people get worked up so much with a few minor problems with their cars that they just cannot live with them any more.

The Auris does suffer from rattles so get it back in if they bother you.

Hola Richha :D

The only thing I'd be at all worried about would be the mention of high oil consumption, but easily monitored and as still under warranty Mr T will deal with if out of spec. I've got a 2.0 D4D and so far haven't noticed any probs with oil consumption in 14000 miles.

I'm quite happy with my car, relaxing and comfortable to drive, plenty of room inside, and I wouldn't particularly want to swap it for anything else at the same price. Personally I'd try not to fret about what hasn't happened yet and just enjoy the car.

Reading the forums there is little to make me suspect the Auris suffers from any major inherent problems, most complaints ... rattles etc. are IMO of a relatively minor nature and the big expensive bits seem to be holding togther pretty well for the majority of owners.

First of all it is hard to believe how stupid they were leaving that comment where you could read it.

Secondly it is not that uncommon for people to demand a change of vehicle.The dealer makes it as hard as possible and usually only caves in when it costs the customer a fortune.

Your car is probably perfectly fine just keep an eye on the oil consumption and remember you have a warranty.

Sometimes people get worked up so much with a few minor problems with their cars that they just cannot live with them any more.

The Auris does suffer from rattles so get it back in if they bother you.

I too have a 2.0 D4D and it has been painless and the best choice of Auris (unless you "need" the T180). Yes there are very slight dash rattles and accidental scratches due to cheap and light materials used but our cars don't cost 19k like the Golf tdi/gt does and money has been spent where it is better prioritized. Leaving the Golf tdi/gt owner like my brother with expensive repairs (as well as higher MPG).

Do keep an eye on the oil and let us know.... mine never needed a top up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links