Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Would You Class As A Classic?

Swerve17

How old does a car have to be before it is declared a classic? Mines 1991, and I would call that a classic car. What do you guys think?

I'd say that it isn't just down to age. It's down the the worth and meaning of said car when it first came out i.e. whether or not it had something no other car had at the time. and it's also dependant on how popular it is, and if it's charismatic or beautiful etc.

The old Civics are classics because they were cheap fast little cars, that were at the beginning of the JDM scene and they are also rare!

I would normally think that a car older than 15 years is a classic, but again, for me it is all dependant on the car in question. :)

I think it depends if you can get classic car insurance on it! My mates 92 J TVR S3 (heavily modified) is £100ish a year.

I ran a Poll, Page 3, 1st Jan 09, [i can't get it to link to this :( ] on my 1991 Corolla Executive 1.6 GL, & while the sums in the poll don't add up, the 4 missing ones were pro. So the majority vote was that it is a classic.

Even more so now, because of scrappage. I checked E -bay & Autotrader UK last week & there wasn't one for sale. :(

I Googled it & there are several in Australia, N.Z. & thereabouts, but it is a bit far to travel :lol:

• 1 month later...

On Toyota Club Sweden, we define Toyota Classics as the ones before the conversion to front wheel drive, EFI and so on, around 85-87-ish.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links