Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Gen 7 - Alarm Problem...

Sparty

....well at least I assume it's the alarm!

Anyway, Hi! I stumbled across this forum when trying to find a solution to a problem I am having, so thought I would register and see if you any of you guys are able to help.

OK so I have a Celica 190. When I open either door - whether the engine is running or not - both indicator lights flash continuously for about 30s. The siren doesn't sound. The Battery is only about 6 months old, so it can't be anything to do with that.

I assume it must be something to do with the alarm? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

You could try a couple of re-sets to see if that will work......

IMMOBILISER RE-SET

Celicaimmobiliser.jpg

REMOTE ALARM

celicaremotealarm.jpg

Thanks GIDDLEPIN. I'm a little worried about following these instructions through, somehow making a hash of it, and managing to lock myself out somehow!

I see these instructions are supposed to be for the Yaris; is it definitely the same for a Celica 190? If so, which instruction should I follow when it asks whether the Yaris is built in France or Japan?

And what is the most damage I can do if I mess this up?

Thanks!

I have the information on Autodata and it was taken from the Celica section, you will probably find the same sequence is for quite a few cars.

If you ***** the sequence up it should only revert to the existing settings and you can go through it again ;)

Les

I have the information on Autodata and it was taken from the Celica section, you will probably find the same sequence is for quite a few cars.

If you ***** the sequence up it should only revert to the existing settings and you can go through it again ;)

Les

Well I just tried the remote alarm reset a couple of times - very carefully following the directions to the word, but it doesn't seem to work. I don't even get the the system locking and unlocking as described after removing the key half way through the instructions :(

Anyway, thanks for trying.

Les

Well I just tried the remote alarm reset a couple of times - very carefully following the directions to the word, but it doesn't seem to work. I don't even get the the system locking and unlocking as described after removing the key half way through the instructions :(

Anyway, thanks for trying.

OK I found how to program the key from elsewhere and thought I would share with the hope it might help someone else out - it is as the above directions but with a couple of modifications: There is an extra 'Insert key into ignition switch, then remove it.' near the start, and two of the other instructions midway are performed in reverse order. So in full:

• Driver's door open and key removed from ignition switch.
  • Insert key into ignition switch, then remove it.
  • Within 40 seconds: Closer and open driver's door twice.
  • Within 40 seconds: Closer and open driver's door twice.
  • Insert key into ignition switch.
  • Close driver's door.
  • Switch ignition ON and OFF once to program a new key code whilst retaining the original codes or twice to program a new key code whilst erasing the original codes.
  • Remove key.
  • System should now lock and unlock vehicle, once or twice depending on which mode has been selected.
  • Carry out the following button procedure within 20 seconds:
  • Simultaneously press and hold key lock and unlock buttons for 1-1.5 seconds.
  • Within 3 seconds:
  • Press key lock button for a minimum of 1 second and release.
  • System should now lock and unlock vehicle.

So this did work in programming my key, but unfortunately it hasn't fixed my problem :(

I've been lead to believe it could be a faulty siren, so it looks like a trip to Toyota might be in order.

....well at least I assume it's the alarm!

Anyway, Hi! I stumbled across this forum when trying to find a solution to a problem I am having, so thought I would register and see if you any of you guys are able to help.

OK so I have a Celica 190. When I open either door - whether the engine is running or not - both indicator lights flash continuously for about 30s. The siren doesn't sound. The battery is only about 6 months old, so it can't be anything to do with that.

I assume it must be something to do with the alarm? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

ive been having a similar problem also with my 190. every now and again when i switch the engine off to get out and remove my key the car trys to lock itself and u can hear the locks click and the indicators flash. at first i thought i was me catching the lock buton on the key. but im not. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links