Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbox Removal

Angryhatter

Hello All,

Just looking for some advice really as I can't find any information through searching around.

I have acquired an induction kit as a gift and want to fit it, but I am unsure what error codes removal of the air box will cause if any at all.

Does anyone know if the air box is linked to the ECU error reporting system at all? And if so how?

Thanks

Ok, researched a little more on the set up and spoke to the engineer at my local Toyota Dealer and the basic advise is - 'it shouldn't cause any errors but try it and see'.

Basically the air box doesn't have a placement sensor. The only thing that might trip is the air flow sensor located after the air box. But that's more susceptible to lowered air flow than a slight increase. So its unlikely to be an issue.

Fitting this tonight all being well, will post with the results and photos if I can find my camera.

alright mate. there is 4 silver clips on the air box. just un clip them, round the back of the air box the is a silver clamp on the hose (pinch that together and lift) the whole unit will be removed. this is not conected to any sensors and no error code will be set off. TOTALY SAFE.

alright mate. there is 4 silver clips on the air box. just un clip them, round the back of the air box the is a silver clamp on the hose (pinch that together and lift) the whole unit will be removed. this is not conected to any sensors and no error code will be set off. TOTALY SAFE.

Thanks.

Have had the air box off before when cleaning the engine bay, just never put anything else on or started it with out putting it back on.

Provided I still have adequate piping I shall have my induction kit fitted this evening. :thumbsup:

Ok, researched a little more on the set up and spoke to the engineer at my local Toyota Dealer and the basic advise is - 'it shouldn't cause any errors but try it and see'.

That's a far cry from my local dealer who always seem to tell me that anything beyond filling the tank with petrol (such as adding alloy wheels, air filter or a rev counter) is either impossible or else will immediately and completely void the warranty and cause the car to fall apart or explode.

That's a far cry from my local dealer who always seem to tell me that anything beyond filling the tank with petrol (such as adding alloy wheels, air filter or a rev counter) is either impossible or else will immediately and completely void the warranty and cause the car to fall apart or explode.

Basically they say anything that will cause undue stress to the car voids it due to it putting more on the car than the factory say. Which is fair enough I suppose.

Have talked it over with the engineer and we concluded that this particular job doesn't come under those criteria so doesn't void anything.

If they kick off about things like alloys then you want to find a new dealer.

You should have no problems running an induction kit. I used various types that I developed over the 3 year period I had my Aygo.

You will use slightly more fuel though. This is purely due to the fact that you will find it hard to resist hard throttle openings to hear the loverly induction roar.

You should have no problems running an induction kit. I used various types that I developed over the 3 year period I had my Aygo.

You will use slightly more fuel though. This is purely due to the fact that you will find it hard to resist hard throttle openings to hear the loverly induction roar.

I know, I have it all fitted now. Although I am trying to find the best place to relocate it to as its over the engine at the moment and on long drives I'm concerned about the heat. effecting performance, that or I might get a second air box, drill it and put a new filter in.

Once I get the pictures off my camera I will post them in this thread.

Added the first two of a long list of mods I am planning, the induction and the new gear knob. Not massive changes but look nice. Just need to clean the baby now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links