Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Audio System Failure

simmo67

Hi, I'm new to this forum so apologies if this post is in the wrong place. I have a 5 year old Corolla Verso and the stereo system suddenly stopped working, i.e. it will not switch on at all. I checked the handbook and found 3 fuses protecting the audio system but all tested ok. Does anyone know what the cause of this might be? Is there a fuse on the back of the stereo itself and if so, how do I remove the system to get at it? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks, Carl

There might be an inline fuse going to the stereo, have had them on older cars I have owned, not sure on these.

Bit odd to find that you have 3 fuses protecting the H/U, usually it's only 1, so what's the other 2 doing??

Has anything else stopped working as well, usually it connected to other things than just the audio.

Might be worth disconnecting the Battery for an hour or two and try again.

Just check first what might need resetting... electric windows one touch by holding the switch fully down, then holding the switch fully up etc. Might have to let the engine idle from cold, then drive a few miles to let ECU relearn values... all normal stuff.

Thanks for replies, the 3 fuses were mentioned in the hand book as protecting the audio system but could be for different variants. All were ok anyway. No other electrical problems which makes me think that either the stereo is dead or there's a fuse I don't know about. I'll try disconnecting the Battery this weekend to see if that works, thanks for the idea

If you want to try something else, you could take the H/U out, pull the power connector block out and test it with a multimeter, to check it has power that way, but not the easiest thing to do, if you not done it before, but will confirm if the H/U is working/dead.

My signature has links which could help you.

Great info, thanks very much! I think I'll have to take a brave pill and remove the H/U, so your links will be really useful. Thanks again, Carl

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links