Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Style Wiper Blades.

Beagh1958

Hello all.

I would like to convert my standard metal frame Wiper Blades to the newer flat aero type blades. I see Bosch & a few other brand name companies selling them. I would rather go for a quality brand, than cheap-charlie blades of eBay. Can anybody suggest the best they may have come across.

Regards, Beagh.

PS: Sorry, car is a 2003 MK11 D4D estate.

Hello all.

I would like to convert my standard metal frame wiper blades to the newer flat aero type blades. I see Bosch & a few other brand name companies selling them. I would rather go for a quality brand, than cheap-charlie blades of eBay. Can anybody suggest the best they may have come across.

Regards, Beagh.

PS: Sorry, car is a 2003 MK11 D4D estate.

Hi Beagh,

I totally agree with you on the cheap Wiper Blades. I bought some from the auction site and they did not work. The pressure in the middle of the blade is not high enough and it leaves a thick water film behind. Bosch are not more expensive (not by much anyway) and have proven to be superior.

I am sending you a link (check PM) as I do not know whether I would break the rules should I post it here.

Cheers,

Jordan

Can you post this link in here please.

Just a quick note on Wiperblades.co.uk. The blades are decent for the price, but don't stand up to the cold as much as the expensive Bosch ones (i've had both). I just had to replace both front wipers (again with Wiperblades.co.uk) as the plastic casing on the others perished with the cold. This was after 6 months usage.

OK, its been a severely cold winter. However, overall a decet blade for the price

Do these newer style blades offer any better performance than the older standard blades ? I ask because I bought some Bosch old style blades about 11 months ago and they are now due for renewal. They have always been noisy and have started to judder lately and was thinking of the new style blade route. It seems that blade longevity is not what it used to be, or is it just my selective memory................no prizes !

Les

Do these newer style blades offer any better performance than the older standard blades ? I ask because I bought some Bosch old style blades about 11 months ago and they are now due for renewal. They have always been noisy and have started to judder lately and was thinking of the new style blade route. It seems that blade longevity is not what it used to be, or is it just my selective memory................no prizes !

Les

Designed to reduce drag and wind resistance. Never had any problems with smearing or squeaking (which I have with older versions). Blades are your best bet

Les

I've got the new type aero blades and they don't seem to last very long. Mine are about a year old and they have started squeaking and juddering already. Is that a sign that they need replaced or maybe there is too much pressure forcing the blades onto the glass. Still have the old ones and will try them back on but not convinced that the new aero blades are all they're cracked up to be.

Ken

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links