Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking Fault

IAN X

:thumbsup: Hi

I have had my Avensis 4d 2.0 TD R reg 1998 from new what a great car i now have over 184,000 happy miles on the clock.

My problem just now is the central locking stopped working after a very heavy frost two weeks ago the key sets the alarm OK ie the indicators flash to lock and open but no doors lock. I can lock the drivers door with the key but the rest of the doors stay open before this fault i could lock the doors with switch on the drivers door while in the car this is also not working now some one told me to check the interior light above the back seat? and the integrated relay is this a big job?

NOW FIXED

if it were a Vauxhall I would say that it was probably a solenoid & about £100 but I'm not up on Toyotas enough yet. :unsure:

Hi

I have had my Avensis 4d 2.0 TD R reg 1998 from new what a great car i now have over 184,000 happy miles on the clock.

My problem just now is the central locking stopped working after a very heavy frost two weeks ago the key sets the alarm OK ie the indicators flash to lock and open but no doors lock. I can lock the drivers door with the key but the rest of the doors stay open before this fault i could lock the doors with switch on the drivers door while in the car this is also not working now some one told me to check the interior light above the back seat? and the integrated relay is this a big job?

Try swapping the 7.5amp dome fuse located in the engine compartment fuse box. It is the cheapest and easiest test. It happened to me a few years ago. The fuse does not actual blow, but the metal degrades. The position if this fuse is marked on the inside of the fuse box lid. It is the highest on the first (left most) column, if I read the handbook right.

Hope it works. java script:add_smilie(":thumbsup:","smid_40")

Hi

Try swapping the 7.5amp dome fuse located in the engine compartment fuse box. It is the cheapest and easiest test. It happened to me a few years ago. The fuse does not actual blow, but the metal degrades. The position if this fuse is marked on the inside of the fuse box lid. It is the highest on the first (left most) column, if I read the handbook right.

Hope it works. java script:add_smilie(":thumbsup:","smid_40")

Hi :yahoo:

I have just solved central locking problem see above i removed the integrated relay left unit ( Black box )which is sited behind the bottom dash cover driver side left the unit out for ten mins and replaced the relay unit system now working fine it seems that this resets this locking system

thanks for your kind replies

Ian x

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links