Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warranty For 05 Reg Prius

wannafly

Hi all,

I have just purchased an 05 Reg Prius T Spirit. This car was previously own by Lexus which I presume it was acting as a courtesy car. 30k mileage and have had 2 service done so far.

I wonder if it's worth getting a third party warranty? I was looking at Click4Warranty, cost around £200 for a year or £300 for 3 years. Everything looks good until I read somewhere in the policy where it says excluding electric/hybrid car??

Any advise?

Thanks.

You'll need to check, but I thought all Gen 2 (NHW20) Prius came with a manufacturers Hybrid warranty of 8 years/100K miles. The Hybrid warranty would cover things like the HV Battery, inverter, etc but not the oily bits of the car like the petrol engine, or natural wear items such as tyres and probably the Aux 12v Battery.

Beware as Toyota GB pulled a fast one with the new Gen 3 and reduced the Hybrid warranty down to 5 years/60K miles, which as far as I know didn't occur anywhere else in the world, and in Australia they actually increased it to 8 years/100K miles.

Thank you for your reply. I have just checked the service book, the Hybrid warranty is 8 years/100k miles for my Prius.

Also I've been on the phone with Warranty Direct, they are quoting £230 a year but does not cover all the Hybrid parts. (which does not matter now as it is still under Toyota's warranty)

I wonder what's everyone else doing after 3 years/60k. Is it worth having this additional warranty for other parts of the Prius?

they do say Toyota are more reliable than most, and how many come on here and say, such and such has just fallen off, can not think of any, and as you say, the hybrid bit is for 5 or 8 years, so for me, keep your money in your pocket, bit like paying for the servicing in advance, when you read the small print, it only seems to cover the oil and a tune up, any parts you need replaced it is a case of "sorry sir, that is not covered" :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links